Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Ghibli forum posters are amazingly astute and accurate in your descriptions and assessments. An impressive amount of insight and personal experiences shared. Thank you all for your very helpful contributions.

Here is my take.

Love the look, sound, handling, feedback and curb appeal! However, I did suffer the electronic glitches that follow this car like a bad shadow. My daughter named the car “Esmeralda” from Bewitched because of the many little problems, all of which are now fixed.

The power lag is the Ghibli owners dirty little secret. Honestly, it’s like having a super model in the front seat, but only you know she has the flu. I am hoping an aftermarket chip will alter this soon, otherwise, what a pearl.

I think the adjustable shifting and sound on the Echo, norm and sport mode will encourage many hours of driving with limited driver fatigue or boredom. The dash/instrument layout is easy to use and easy on the eyes. To describe this car in a single word, balance.

I find the perfect blend of seat comfort and conveniences in the cabin matched with power and performance under the hood. Come on, it’s Italian! You want to wear Lederhosen or Armani.

One bone of contention with Maserati is the marketing. I don’t appreciate driving a car with $90k sticker and having people say “oh, that’s the $60k Maserati..” Otherwise, like many of you, I hope they succeed, but I don’t want to see any more in my neighborhood…

I'll post pics if I can figure our how.

Thanks for reading. Naplesmas

2014 SQ4
Champagne
20” Urano, Silver Calibers, Sabbia leather,
Premium Pack, Executive Pack Plus, Sport Pack,
Extended Leather. Power Sunblind, Hi Fi Crapy Sound.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sodgob I'll post a few pics ASAP. You'll love the color. I was buying black when I saw this, the lines show up much better in this color. Hope yours comes in soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree on the marketing, I get why they are splashing a 65K sticker price in the ads, but it is a bit deceiving as I dealt with a "low-end Maserati" comment recently.

Enjoy, it really is an amazing car with some minor glitches here and there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks Naplesmas, very nice.
colours in pics can be quite deceptive & i realise the light has a lot to do with how the pic is taken.
It almost looks light grey, but i guess in a different light it would show different.
roll on may/june.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the color changes a bit with light. Grey to gold depending. But classy always. Looking toward to seeing yours.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Trust me every color is awesome and these cars look 100% better in the flesh. Congratulations! There is no throttle lag in manual sport IMO. Good Luck and Enjoy! The marketing is to get them in the door there are very few lot cars that are literally base price most are in the 80's..................when those who say that is a $60K Maserati.............just remember your the one in the car driving it!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
amazing color and combination!

very stylish and elegant

Reactions: Naplesmas

·
Registered
305 Posts
I do not think too many people look at the adverts from the reaction I have had. Everyone seems to think it is a £100,00 plus car. I tell the truth to some people but others I let them believe what they think.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have to agree most just assume $100K plus.............I have had a number of people ask about the monthly cost which for my QS4 loaded no money down is a very big number........but again who cares about the ones who degrade the car I have not met any yet and have only gotten thumbs up and honks of appreciation...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts