Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !

I have joined this forum as I think it is a great place to find out the good (and bad) things about my prospective new toy.
I am waiting to sell my current chariot (2 year old C63 Mercedes) and once this is done, I will be placing an order for the Ghibli.

I attended the launch the other night at my local dealership, all very impressive and professionaly organised, the brand certainly has a great classy appeal :)

I was wondering if anyone had (has) a C63 and moved across to the Ghibli.... any comments (again, good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently going to order (subject to a positive test drive when the petrol car finaly arrives in the UK) the Ghibli (not the 'S') with a couple of packs and goodies on.... I am worried though that the difference in HP between my C63 (457hp) and the Ghibli (340HP) will be too bigger difference in to accept.

The price of the Ghibli 'S' in the UK seems disproportionate though and for an extra £10,000 gives you but the power is up to 410HP.

Also, the Ghibli diesel I had, the steering also seemed very vague compared to the Merceds and the car seemed to 'float' a lot ?

Sorry for so much information..... I guess my heart really wants to commit to the Maserati but my head is still telling me German:confused:

Thoughts ??

Cheers

UKGhibli (maybe)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome I think you will find a lot of information here that you can use. I have never had a car more than 300HP so I am going the other way. I am sure someone here can comment. What I will suggest is you take a good look at what you get with the "S" model because it is much more than the larger engine and AWD.

See:

http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/ma...2-differences-between-ghibli-ghibli-s-q4.html

Enjoy and again Welcome!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Etodd31856 for your reply, unfortunately, we only have the standard Ghibli, and the Ghibli 'S' for the UK market, no Q4 version is available:(:(:(

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, yes, the diesel is a nice machine, I had one for a day... only problem was getting used to the way it performed after having a 6.2l petrol engine in my C63... I'm really looking forward to trying the petrol demo when one becomes available :D:D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts