Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a maserati fan all my life and finally ordered the ghibli last month! hope to be the first couple of people to be driving the ghibli in Hong Kong. this car is sure to be a head-turner!

got mine in bianco exterior, rosso interior w/ carbon fiber trims, and 21" titano rims!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the maserati brand name itself is very popular of course, but you dont see a lot of these cars in the city because choices were limited (only QP and granturismo) and its extremely expensive due to the high private vehicle taxes in HK... which is 215% (2.15 times) on top of the MSRP... so lets say the price of a ghibli S is $75,000 USD in the US... it will cost $161,250 USD in HK.

that being said, you do still see quite a lot of Porsche, Ferraris, and Bentleys in HK.. needless to say, BMWs and Mercesdes are literally on every street in HK... that's why buying a maserati is so appealing to me cuz im also paying for the exclusivity of owning a maserati..

i hope that the Ghibli does well and i think it will in hk.. but i really hope it doesnt become the next 5-series or E-class (it seems like maserati wants to go after that segment) because those cars are literally everywhere in hk! it would be a shame to cheapen the maserati brand name.. i hope they dont eventually come out with a car that competes with dare i say the 3-series or C class!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
IMO we are safe on exclusivity given the global production numbers compared to the Competitors BMW, MB, and Audi......Three years or five years from now who knows (COO swears big production numbers are not in the plans) but you will enjoy the exclusivity that is Maserati........so enjoy!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
They will not go under the Ghibli-E- segment with Maserati. Everything under this segment and price-level will be Alfa Romeo and Chrysler. Now with the new situation of Fiat buying Chrysler they have finally the possibilty to bring up Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I just ordered mine in blu emozione / Nero-cuoio with 20" rims. I must say the base price in HK seems attractive but the options are very expensive. The total cost on options for mine came to almost HKD300,000.

I agree with most that the Bianco / Nero-Rosso combo looks awesome but I already have 2 white cars. Can't see myself buying the 3rd in white. I have been told most buyers in HK are getting the same Bianco / Nero-Rosso. Can't wait to see these cars hit the road!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I just ordered mine in blu emozione / Nero-cuoio with 20" rims. I must say the base price in HK seems attractive but the options are very expensive. The total cost on options for mine came to almost HKD300,000.

I agree with most that the Bianco / Nero-Rosso combo looks awesome but I already have 2 white cars. Can't see myself buying the 3rd in white. I have been told most buyers in HK are getting the same Bianco / Nero-Rosso. Can't wait to see these cars hit the road!
the blu emizione looks amazing, but i dont have any white cars so i went with bianco. i agree, the base price of the ghibli S in HK is very attractive, but once you add all the options the costs pile up.. i added abt 250K HKD on options as well. sounds like you got it fully loaded.

its good that you got the nero-cuoio premium leather interior also. i've been inside a ghibli with the standard leather nero interior before and it just didnt feel like i was sitting inside a maserati. the interior design is nice of course, but the quality just seems to fall short.. the standard leather is stiffer and rougher (plus an all black interior just feels a bit flat for me).. and obviously when you buy a maserati, driving experience from a emotional perspective is important too.. thats why i decided to pay extra and get the nero-rosso interior.

i hear some people say that the bianco white exterior looks plain, but i think it looks amazing (although i havent seen bianco in person).. can anyone tell me if bianco looks every bit as good as in the photos online?

i was debating between bianco and grigio maratea (dark grey), but went with bianco on the basis of:
1) i like that white stands out both during the day and night and looks particularly good on cars with sleek curvatures and gives off a more sporty look (ex. white looks extremely nice on the granturismo)
2) if im not mistaken, the body design lines on a white car is more visible than other colors? so it really accentuates the curves and lines on the exterior of the car, so im not sure what some people mean by white looking "flat"
2) easier to maintain (dirt marks/ scratches not as visible on white cars, so generally looks newer than most other colors)

any thoughts from people who owns white cars?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have white cars already so went with grigio maratea. Love that color on the ghibli! But I also like bianco, I've seen it up close and it's beautiful on the ghibli. I wanted a tougher look and since I own two other white cars it was an easy decision for me. And you're right about white looking cleaner and newer v. darker cars. My black Audi looked dirty a couple of days after a wash, but I do like a nice deep black car best when clean.

·
Registered
63 Posts
casperchien, I too ordered the Bianco/Rosso combo. I have seen the car in 5 or 6 different colors at my dealer and the Bianco, to me, is just stunning. The lines seem to stand out and I love the contrast, especially once I get the windows tinted. Now everyone has their personal preference and this is just my opinion. I have had a silver car (Audi A4) for 13 years and wanted a change. Congrats! My baby is due in April.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts