Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gransport to Quattroporte, and now to the Ghibli SQ4!

Unfortunately it's difficult to drive without the front license plates here, but I am loving the car.

Mods to come: audio upgrade (did a full upgrade on my Quattroporte before), remote control valve open/close (Japan specifications only open valves at 5000rpm).

Bianco Alpi/Rosso Interior/21 inch Titano Wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just luv that pic of the Bianco Alpi SQ 4 in the foreground with Mt. Fuji in the background. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gransport to Quattroporte, and now to the Ghibli SQ4!

Unfortunately it's difficult to drive without the front license plates here, but I am loving the car.

Mods to come: audio upgrade (did a full upgrade on my Quattroporte before), remote control valve open/close (Japan specifications only open valves at 5000rpm).

Bianco Alpi/Rosso Interior/21 inch Titano Wheels

amazing combo! looks sharp. do you have a full body pic of your car from side view? would be great to see

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Really like the interior combination of Rosso and carbon fiber. Beautiful car inside and out. 21" Titano Wheels look nice too ... you don't see too many of those on the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! I'm still looking around for spots where I can take a good shot of the new car. Parking in places without a car 30cm from you can be challenging in Tokyo...

This is a shot taken in the parking lot where I park for work.
Taken with a Leica M9 / Summicron-M 50/2

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is a shot taken in the parking lot where I park for work. Taken with a Leica M9 / Summicron-M 50/2
Nice menacing perspective of the Ghibli -- I half expect to see Jason Statham to step out of the car - aka Transporter:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome shot!

when do we get rid of front plates?
hate them! :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

Reactions: flamingwicky

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Very nice looking car ... beautiful combination and especially striking the way you have photographed it at night!!

Fortunately, for me, my state has done away with front license plates so there is no distraction from the classic Maserati front view.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Waka,
Fantastic photos. Just shows what you can do if you plan and use the right camera and lenses.
I see you went left hand drive in Japan. Why not wait for right hand drive? Does it effect resale value?
Nige

·
Registered
73 Posts
What a coincidence. I am in Tokyo on a visit and was wondering on my ride from haneda to downtown whether I would see a Maserati. If I see a Bianco tomorrow I will know it's probably you
Congrats

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a coincidence. I am in Tokyo on a visit and was wondering on my ride from haneda to downtown whether I would see a Maserati. If I see a Bianco tomorrow I will know it's probably you
Congrats
Hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll definitely spot many Maseratis around the Roppongi area at night!

The next day, I went to the same parking area to gather with my Maserati friends including another Bianco (not Alpi) Ghibli.

Attachments

Reactions: flamingwicky

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Waka,
Fantastic photos. Just shows what you can do if you plan and use the right camera and lenses.
I see you went left hand drive in Japan. Why not wait for right hand drive? Does it effect resale value?
Nige
It's pretty typical that people buy left-hand here mainly for 3 reasons - people like the "original" style - perception is that it's cooler, better to drive the way it was originally architect-ed (sometimes turning into RHD can have its consequences), and resale value is higher given it can be exported to more places if not sold domestically.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks all! I'm still looking around for spots where I can take a good shot of the new car. Parking in places without a car 30cm from you can be challenging in Tokyo...

Not a bad picture but it would be totally finished if you had the red calipers in sight as the only colored detail on the picture.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Excellent car and looks pretty sharp.. love it.. actually you have got almost everything to the max in the car 21 wheel, cold weather pack, carbon fiber, Rosso interior, skyhook, upgraded audio.. goodness gracious ... with all of these.. this car is one heck of mean machine..

Enjoy the ride.. my friend..

Also aren't the cars electronically speed limited or blocked to certain speed in Japan? and they open up once you hit a highway in japan (like autobahn) where it that speed limiter turns off..
I think the speed you are limited to is 190km/h

Correct me if i am wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts