Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Ghibli SQ4 recently and am excited to join the community. After years of driving budget oriented brands (think the cheaper german brand, reliable Japanese, and even gave a Korean brand a chance), I finally pulled the trigger to try a luxury sedan.

Is there a Bay Area Maserati community? and meet ups like they just had in PA/NJ?

Excited about the new car, and will start contributing to this forum after reading everyone's post for the last 2 months!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome googler.

I am was in the Bay but moved (in the meantime) to the Pacific Northwest. I was in Palo Alto yesterday and saw 2 of them. Hope you'll find comrades in the area.

What color and configuration is yours? Mine's a:
Grigio/Red Leather
Sports, Executive, Full Leather package
Bowers
20 inch Urano Wheels
Carbon Fiber
Wi-fi.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome to the club and the forum, googler.

Congrats on your purchase and hopefully this car will give you lots of good time and memories...

Tell us more about the car and post some pics.

Regarding the meetup. It was mostly people from the Northeast and they decided to get this going.. As far as Cali is concerned i think you need to find a few more people on this forum and try to get a meetup there.. would love to see it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My config:

Maratea with 2 tone Cuoio
19" Proteo
Sport/Cold Weather/Premium
Silver Calipers

honestly, this was not my ideal config....i was negotiating with local dealerships for a few months, and could not get a hold of the ideal config within my timeframe. or else i would never get the cold weather package in CA.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My config:
So you were able to get cold package on your 2014 model? A week ago I decided to get my own Ghibli and I wanted to get cold package. They told me that this would be available in 2015 model. I didn't want to wait, so I bought 2014 model without it. Were they lying to me?

Thank you.

Foxbeat

·
Registered
109 Posts
So you were able to get cold package on your 2014 model? A week ago I decided to get my own Ghibli and I wanted to get cold package. They told me that this would be available in 2015 model. I didn't want to wait, so I bought 2014 model without it. Were they lying to me?
I have the cold weather package on my 2014. Given that it is the end of the model year, though, it is possible that they weren't lying -- if there were no more cars in stock with it, and no more arriving, then what they said would be true. There were many cars with it available when I was looking back in March (I ended up doing a custom order), but that may not be the case today.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow exactly the same as mine.. not a thing different.. but then I am in the east coast.

Whats your build date and also for how much did you got it for msrp and final price

My config:

Maratea with 2 tone Cuoio
19" Proteo
Silver Calipers

honestly, this was not my ideal config....i was negotiating with local dealerships for a few months, and could not get a hold of the ideal config within my timeframe. or else i would never get the cold weather package in CA.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the cold weather package on my 2014. Given that it is the end of the model year, though, it is possible that they weren't lying -- if there were no more cars in stock with it, and no more arriving, then what they said would be true.
Looks like they never had any Ghibli with cold weather package. I really like steering wheel to be heated during winter (like in my BMW). The guy told me he checked it out and that this option would be available in 2015. So, I think I was mislead after all. I am not sure what was product date. How can I check it?

FoxBeat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like they never had any Ghibli with cold weather package. I really like steering wheel to be heated during winter (like in my BMW). The guy told me he checked it out and that this option would be available in 2015. So, I think I was mislead after all. I am not sure what was product date. How can I check it?

FoxBeat
It was definitely available in the 2014s from the beginning. So it does sound like you were mislead. You can find the build date on your car on the drivers side door jamb.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes

I did not want to spend the money for that as a package but it was available for sure.
Thank you both. Now I am quite upset, but nothing I can do about it. It's a pity how some dealerships operate just to get car out of their lots.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you both. Now I am quite upset, but nothing I can do about it. It's a pity how some dealerships operate just to get car out of their lots.
I would complain to Maserati. If you search on "Karen Hayes" you'll find contact info in a bunch of threads here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts