Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a Rusnak Maserati today spec-ing out my Ghibli with the Sales Manager. I really like the Grigio Maratea, but I know for BMW Sparkling Graphite, when under the sun, it's more of a Sparking "Eggplant" than a Sparkling Graphite.

Sure enough, when I took the Grigio Maratea sample, on a plastic base, in the sun, it looked purple. However, when I took a different sample, which is on a metal base, it looked flat and beautiful with no purple tint.

I tried to capture the difference in the photo below, but please trust me it was a huge difference and even the Sales Manager said they were basically two different colors.

We compared the champagne samples to the champagne 2014 Quattroporte they had in the showroom, the metal tag sample matched exactly while the plastic one did not.

So I think I'm going to take the plunge with Grigio Maratea...hopefully it'll work out :confused:

If you guys see any Grigio Maratea's in person and under the sun, please provide feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
tried searching for Grigio Maratea and nothing came up unfortunately, we'll have to play the waiting game here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was a Rusnak Maserati today spec-ing out my Ghibli with the Sales Manager. I really like the Grigio Maratea, but I know for BMW Sparkling Graphite, when under the sun, it's more of a Sparking "Eggplant" than a Sparkling Graphite.

Sure enough, when I took the Grigio Maratea sample, on a plastic base, in the sun, it looked purple. However, when I took a different sample, which is on a metal base, it looked flat and beautiful with no purple tint.

I tried to capture the difference in the photo below, but please trust me it was a huge difference and even the Sales Manager said they were basically two different colors.

We compared the champagne samples to the champagne 2014 Quattroporte they had in the showroom, the metal tag sample matched exactly while the plastic one did not.

So I think I'm going to take the plunge with Grigio Maratea...hopefully it'll work out :confused:

If you guys see any Grigio Maratea's in person and under the sun, please provide feedback.

So this is the only ones I could find that show the car in grigio maratea... I ended up choosing it myself... does seem to have a bit of a colour change in the light or sun, but think its quite special and not all purple... hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts

Thats very interesting, I also found some new pictures of Grigio Maratea today, and it seems quite a bit lighter than in the video and depending on what light falls on the car it reflects different, the one looks more ash grey, next quite dark and the 3rd lighter gunmetal grey... seems like this is much more of a pearlescent / two tone paint than the pearl white :D which is double the price..

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well those photos does correspond quite a lot with the colour sample the dealer showed me when I ordered mine, and the website I got these latest photos from does describe colour as grigio maratea... But like u said we have seen 6 different colour photos with the same name hehe. I test drove a ghibli which was grigio, and that is much lighter, but still quite a mystery.. If it is something like Audi's daytona grey i will be super happy ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well those photos does correspond quite a lot with the colour sample the dealer showed me when I ordered mine, and the website I got these latest photos from does describe colour as grigio maratea... But like u said we have seen 6 different colour photos with the same name hehe. I test drove a ghibli which was grigio, and that is much lighter, but still quite a mystery.. If it is something like Audi's daytona grey i will be super happy ;)

Just some photos of the S5 in Daytona grey to illistrate what I mean - it also seems to change quite a lot depending on the light that falls on it... think its a really special colour

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
SwissGhibli - These are the clearest pictures I've seen to date. It gets prettier every time.

Maserati 2014 Maserati Ghibli - New Inventory
Hi Blaise

Yes I agree with rsm, that is the standard grigio, the same colour as the car I test drove and not grigio maratea.

Quite confusing though since they have 3 shades of grey, the grigio metallic, grigio and then grigio maratea.. Anyway. Still agree with you the car looks great in that colour !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just placed an order for a Ghibli diesel in Grigio Martea with the Sabbia interior. The dealer showd me a colour sample with looked totally different when taken outside. He pointed out a Quatraporte, which he assured me was also Grigio Martea, but it looked almost black to me, yet when the sample was placed against the bodywork they seemed to blend together, totally weird.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I also have a Grigio Maratea on order. I've inspected one too in different lighting conditions. Very nice finish. This is probably the best representation I've seen in a photo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kind of looks like my A7 Oolong Grey metallic. Looks grey or Brown or purple depending on the light. Sometime beautiful, sometimes.... not as much.

My lease is up in a year and my dealer will take me out of it at no cost and let me get the Ghibili which I just test drove and Loooooved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts