Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm linux guy, do advanced networking and security, thus know how packet inspection. to protect people. (in order to protect i need to know how to attack).
however I'm newbie in car mechanism

since the cars are all linux, i'm pretty sure i can tweak them all performance settings and about to try anytime soon.

since no one provide or share the document on it. (most of them just sell the device on web)
it's going to be a long journey for me as i would need to do all by myself and write down the packets on each single action done from the car.

My question is,
1. is this called ECU tune-up as well? like I hook up the laptop and hijack the code in the middle then forward my demand code to the car.
the main purpose is to unlock the engine. or if special manufacture code required, then my workarounds will be the program the embedded device put it in the car.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ok, first of all, you don't "hack" the ECU per se, you just modify a 3D array which contains the engine management values. This is OS independent, and the software to upload and modify the array is already widely available. This doesn't requires any programming knowledge, but rather engineering.

If you really want to do something, I advise you look into how to hack the UConnect system to get rid of that annoying "accept" dialogue we have to press everytime the car is started.

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1 on that "Accept" prompt.

And it'd be nice to have the side mirrors auto-fold on lock/unlock.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Or even better, figure out a way for us to upgrade to the new UConnect....

That is pretty much impossible (without a lot of time and effort). Getting rid of the "accept" button is way simpler. It's just a bit of debugging and some patching (in theory).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is pretty much impossible (without a lot of time and effort). Getting rid of the "accept" button is way simpler. It's just a bit of debugging and some patching (in theory).
Ok, first of all, you don't "hack" the ECU per se, you just modify a 3D array which contains the engine management values. This is OS independent, and the software to upload and modify the array is already widely available. This doesn't requires any programming knowledge, but rather engineering.

If you really want to do something, I advise you look into how to hack the UConnect system to get rid of that annoying "accept" dialogue we have to press everytime the car is started.
I think this is related to the "hacking" as ECU modifiers also offer detune when the time has come.
Where is the "widely available" 3D array that I can get and take a look? and which "engineering" sense does it required in example?

As ECU modifying related to only software as none of extra hardware parts added to it, and the result is more horse power at dyno test.
In terms of ECU modifying is hacking and I believe the codes insides are not full of the mathematics of physics of engineering of the gears, but the simple two to four digits in HEX to be customized then the computer refers to the library built-in.

Message intercepting and then inject my desired answer is the easiest tasks. I would capture the finger tapped "Accept" code in CAN and then inspect the destination path to the car's port then inject it with HEX.

this is how Hacking works if you are not aware of the concept of the communication of the computation in networking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71o-qxc9r-g#action=share
If Maserati blocks uconnect upgrades by users, then their protection could also be hacked easily.

Do you know that cars don't have the firewall?

I can enter the car system by OBDII Pin 1 6 14, connecting EMS hardware, now the gateway is wideopen in linux. (i doubt in microsoft, and only company degrades and throttle people's talent).
I just need to know about the packet of the signalling. so cars are flowing computer data with CAN packet when computers are TCP.
sniffing CAN then converting it to HEX so computer inside understands what I wanted to do.
I heard ECU tweaked cars open the Maserati engines at 3K RPM in one of examples.
I just capture that 3K RPM in CAN which should be 4 digits HEX instead of "car engineering mathematics of 100000 lines".
then inject it where the car normally response at 4K RPM in HEX.

in terms of Ferari engine, I believe there is no missing parts in the Maserati engine by Ferarri so it can't be achieved, instead, it is all same engine but different threshold in the ECU.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You really need a dyno and wide band O2 sensors to develop a safe performance tune. It isn't just air, fuel and rpm. Load is part of the equation as well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think this is related to the "hacking" as ECU modifiers also offer detune when the time has come.
Where is the "widely available" 3D array that I can get and take a look? and which "engineering" sense does it required in example?

As ECU modifying related to only software as none of extra hardware parts added to it, and the result is more horse power at dyno test.
In terms of ECU modifying is hacking and I believe the codes insides are not full of the mathematics of physics of engineering of the gears, but the simple two to four digits in HEX to be customized then the computer refers to the library built-in.

Message intercepting and then inject my desired answer is the easiest tasks. I would capture the finger tapped "Accept" code in CAN and then inspect the destination path to the car's port then inject it with HEX.

this is how Hacking works if you are not aware of the concept of the communication of the computation in networking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71o-qxc9r-g#action=share
If Maserati blocks uconnect upgrades by users, then their protection could also be hacked easily.

Do you know that cars don't have the firewall?

I can enter the car system by OBDII Pin 1 6 14, connecting EMS hardware, now the gateway is wideopen in linux. (i doubt in microsoft, and only company degrades and throttle people's talent).
I just need to know about the packet of the signalling. so cars are flowing computer data with CAN packet when computers are TCP.
sniffing CAN then converting it to HEX so computer inside understands what I wanted to do.
I heard ECU tweaked cars open the Maserati engines at 3K RPM in one of examples.
I just capture that 3K RPM in CAN which should be 4 digits HEX instead of "car engineering mathematics of 100000 lines".
then inject it where the car normally response at 4K RPM in HEX.

in terms of Ferari engine, I believe there is no missing parts in the Maserati engine by Ferarri so it can't be achieved, instead, it is all same engine but different threshold in the ECU.

You're either a troll or a 12 year old kid.
You don't have the grasp of the basic concepts a car operates with. You are very confused about the CAN-bus, ECUs, and the infotainment concepts.

f you're not a troll, get a week off and try to fill in your gaps with the wildly available knowledge you can very easily find with Google's help, and come back after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're either a troll or a 12 year old kid.
You don't have the grasp of the basic concepts a car operates with. You are very confused about the CAN-bus, ECUs, and the infotainment concepts.

f you're not a troll, get a week off and try to fill in your gaps with the wildly available knowledge you can very easily find with Google's help, and come back after.
I am 16 and the CAN is the protocol to communicate and the destination is the ECU in HEX format.
this does not require a week to google, also doesn't require decades to reveal the secrets. because it was easy to catch up.
calm down, my writing doesn't do anything with my age.

now answer my questions,
where is the 3d model that's widely available and does not require any skills, you said in the history?

so i don't waste my time on reversing the CAN messages?

·
Registered
520 Posts
CAN messages are not what controls anything, it is communications between modules.
the ECU has inputs from sensors and plots them in a many, many maps and creates logic. if throttle input 100%, throttle body to 100%. with that, comes load, air intake mass and temperature, fueling, ignition timing, variable valve timing....
the mapping is not coding based, it is x y z chart based.

this is one part of an entire map, load as mentioned earlier.

http://www.ecutek.com/Files/Products/Features/ign-map.aspx

what you need is a book on performance engine tuning. i've been through a few, and the conversation here is completely beyond scope and topic.
the only thing you can achieve with your "skill set" is developing an actual interfacing program to begin modifying maps. however, at that point i have my money on you killing a perfectly good engine.

here are two good books to start with, and please please start here before you damage electrical systems of a functioning car.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Modify-Automotive-Engine-Management-Systems/dp/0760343454/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=performance+engine+tuning&qid=1569413661&sr=8-5[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Engine-Management-Advanced-Greg-Banish/dp/1932494421/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=performance+engine+tuning&qid=1569413661&sr=8-1[/ame]

an interest is good, arrogance is bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts