440 Posts
I am glad your 'upgrade' paid off for you! I just love paddling whenever I can

DD

Reactions: sverzi

·
Registered
216 Posts
strange
Dealers always tell it is not possible afterwards. Did you had also to install the expensive 8+4 electrical seats and electrical steering? Or did you only install the paddles?

·
Registered
164 Posts
strange
Dealers always tell it is not possible afterwards. Did you had also to install the expensive 8+4 electrical seats and electrical steering? Or did you only install the paddles?
Not in the US.
The dealers have a whole writeup including a list of parts and the flash that's needed. I can't remember the name of it though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cost me $1100 at the dealer. Both Raliegh and Foreign Cars Italia said it was no problem... didn't give me any issues at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't hold me to it but this is what I found for parts:

670013665 - Shifter Paddles $346.50
670025007 Steering Colum Switch $176.00
670024855 - Steering Colum trim panel $30.80

There is a software update that goes with this, assuming your Ghibli meets the requirements for paddle upgrade!

S

·
Registered
312 Posts
I drive almost exclusively with the paddles only.
The car is sooooo much more fun with the paddles.

Reactions: ExcuseMyFrench

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked a car with the sport package b/c I was told you could not add the paddles later. Either way, I'm happy b/c I like what the Sport package came with and I'm glad others can upgrade to the paddle experience.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Cost me $1100 at the dealer. Both Raliegh and Foreign Cars Italia said it was no problem... didn't give me any issues at all.
I drive this car 100% with the paddles. It is a different car with them. Definitely recommend them. ~$500 at my dealer.
If you truly paid $500 to install them after you already purchased the car than you paid a fair price.

The paddles alone are $380 plus I'm assuming they charged you 1 hour labor which seems correct for an experienced tech. I would pay $500 without hesitation.

Anything over $1000 you are getting taken for a ride. Funny how some dealers even say it can't be done and it requires the entire steering column and stalk to be replaced - that's total BS. Every car can install them, it's 4 screw and 1 plug. If you saw the instructions of what involved it very simple and straightforward. The ghibli is nothing like the old QP, the airbag comes directly off no special tools.

Continental sells the paddles for $384 delivered price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts