Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hagerty insurance compiled this list of the year's stand out vehicles that are most likely to to be collectible within the next 25 years. To be eligible for the list a car must be produced within the 2014 model year and have an MSRP under $100,000 excluding delivery.

The all-new Maserati Ghibli S is the Italian luxury automaker’s entrant to the mass market, and it appears to already be a hit with consumers. Priced from $66,850, the Ghibli S comes standard with a 3.0-liter V6 pushing out 345 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. The fuel economy is acceptable for a luxury sedan with this much performance: 15-mpg city, 25-mpg highway. But it’s the Ghibli’s good looks and Italian prestige that are sure to set it apart from the German crowd.
The full list:

1. Jaguar F-Type R
2. BMW M5
3. Chevrolet COPO Camaro
4. Maserati Ghibli S
5. Alfa Romeo 4C
6. Chevrolet Corvette
7. Nissan 370Z Nismo
8. Dodge Challenger Shaker
9. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X
10. Ford Fiesta ST

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting. Glad to see the M5 in there as I couldn't think of a more timeless and perfect car. Glad to see the Ghibli getting that consideration as well, though at this point it's purely potential as being a new car, we'll have to see how it ages and holds up, etc.

If the Ghibli can hold up reliably and age well on the eyes (it certainly has the right proportions to, which is ultimately important), not to mention in interior durability which is what ages many older Maserati's then it can be a game changer in this segment as it's of a completely new face/brand/origin of approach to bring to said segment, especially as time goes on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I have a Jaguar F Type V8 S (not the R) and a Ghibli, so maybe I should hold them for 25 years?

·
Registered
10 Posts
will take this thread with a grain of salt if it includes cars like the ford fiesta st, wrangler, or even the 370z. based on this logic the E63/E55 AMG should be a collector's car, which it isn't.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The E63 would never make the cut though, because the design has been so poorly regarded that M-B chose to do an about-facelift that grafted on drastic new body elements to the existing architecture. That in itself will date the car (both "versions") prematurely and make this current body style kind of something haphazard seeming in the future, awkward all around as you'll see both versions of the same basic architecture looking so drastically different, lacking harmony, which is antithesis to "collectibility".

·
Registered
284 Posts
will take this thread with a grain of salt if it includes cars like the ford fiesta st, wrangler, or even the 370z. based on this logic the E63/E55 AMG should be a collector's car, which it isn't.
haha i agree.
no one in the right mind should ever consider a ford focus ST to be collectable, especially when it's on a list with premium high end cars like the F-Type

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am expecting the Alfa Romeo 4C to be a future collectible. It isn't being made in very large quantities and it will be the first Alfa in North America after a long hiatus. Hopefully the Ghibli also follows through with this, but I can't say I am planning to hold onto the car for 25 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts