Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had black cars - but when I saw pics of a white Ghibli I thought it looked sharp - so I have been looking at white ones with saddle interior. When I went to dealer their test car was black, which I test drove, and loved. Now I am wondering if I will be happy with white since it doesn't really shine up like a black car does when its really clean (and this will not be my DD - so will be really clean a lot) - and the black does look mean. I keep going back and forth between the two colors!

I know that it comes down to personal preference, so not looking for anyone to give me a magical answer - but would love to hear from those that purchased nero and bianco as to why for additional perspective.

Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's right - I believe Grigio Maratea has been proven to be the fastest color.

All kidding aside, the Ghibli is fantastic looking in any color, so go with your heart.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't have black.
But, I have rosso folgore (bordeaux) and it has proven difficult to keep clean.
It is also not my daily driver.
Even sitting in the garage covered with the Maserati indoor cover it collects dust :-(

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I also looked at black (with mica) and it was really sharp. I have a black Escalade with tan interior at home with chrome and it really looks sharp all polished up. No matter what I do to protect it is super easy to see swirls and dirt.

I did the grigio mareata and that looks really classy and dark enough to hide the dirt better than the darker colors and changes colors from brownish notes to gray in different lights. That was my compromise for a pleasure only car ... and I'm really happy. If I didn't already have a black vehicle ... I might have been more inclined to the black with mica.

No easy answer ... got to go with really gets your attention (and passes the significant other test) ... my blue and red other choices were quickly over-ruled as being to youthful.

Reactions: googler

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi I have a white with saddle interior Ghibli, it looks so sharp... for me personally it looks wider in white then in darker colors... I'm a big fan of white car, my last seven cars were all white for the exception of 1 that i got new in black and 4 months later I sold it and got the same in white. also white is a very easy color to maintain/clean doesn't get dirty as fast...I saw a black Ghibli with saddle interior it looked nice but i think in black, the car gets lost a little as in lighter colors it stands out more. At the end of the day its all preference, mine have always been white...which ever one you choose post some pics... good luck !!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine is Black

My Ghibli is black and is spectacular. While it's not the easiest color to care for, it is one of the most striking -- especially with red interior.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Both black or white is nice in Ghibli. My personal preference is Black. All my cars over the years have been black but bought a white Range Rover as the trim , widows , Grill and roof is black on it so it makes a nice combo. I changed the wheels to black and now it even looks better. If you get a Ghibli in white then get the windows tinted and put black wheels on it and it will pop as the grill is already gloss black. Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up choosing Bianco / saddle as I put the black and white side by side and really loved the white!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Congratulations on your selection ... there really is no wrong choice of color!!! And each brings out it owns highlights.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
It's interesting how some have a preferred color - regardless of the car type or manufacturer.

I try to match the color with the 'mood'/emotion the car conveys e.g. a performance car would be a brighter / traditional color like Red for Ferrari; Emozione for Maserati; British Racing Green for Jag etc. For DD I would see the same color syndrome - LOL; I have had so many white / black cars I wanted something different for this one

For the Ghibli so many of the colors are striking but IMO you cannot match all interiors with all exteriors so I went with my preferred interior Rosso / Nero and the Grigio Metallo a.k.a. Silver instead

DD

·
Registered
265 Posts
I went with Nero in the S Q4. Like others said, I thought the lines showed better and the front grill better.

Went with the brown interior for something different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts