Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was over at my family shop today getting window and trunk trim wrapped in gloss black. Thought I'd share if others were interested, you'd have some picture reference. I'm not a big chrome guy... a little for accent is fine, but don't like too much.

We got a shipment in of the new 4D carbon fiber vinyl today also and had some time to kill so decided to play around with it on my Ghib.

Applying to center section of rear diffuser:

Finished product:

Wrapping front lip:

Finished Lip:

I'm actually really impressed with 4D CF vinyl as it has depth and dimension to it. Looks like the real thing unless you're a foot away looking in detail.

Either way, it's just vinyl which (like plastidip) can be removed if I get tired of the look. Also I like that doing this instead of an add on front lip doesn't reduce ground clearance, and maintains original lines.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I kinda like it ...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably do bolt on pieces when more options become available, but this wets my modding appetite for now and allows for experimentation on what a more permanent look I want to end up with.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mirrors there's already a true cf cover option, so didn't do it. Was more trying stuff that wasn't currently available.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How easy/difficult is it?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Looks great! Really nicely done. I think it's a great touch to the car. I may end up doing my window trim as well in the upcoming weeks! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Since you're local to our shop in SG, hit up John over at Promax Autosport. He's our vinyl guy.
Thanks. Im few blocks away, but i will be doing this myself since ive gained some experience from wrapping my M3 ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'm kind of 50/50 thinking of taking off the front splitter vinyl. Doesn't look quite right calling too much attention to that small section. Gives me some ideas though and might work with a fabricator to come up with a bolt on solution. I'll probably leave it on for the Cento anni di Maserati event this weekend, but take it off after.

Was going for an MC Stradale look, but the lines just isn't quite right.

vs

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since you're local to our shop in SG, hit up John over at Promax Autosport. He's our vinyl guy.
Nice work. Promax is across the street from our office in Alhambra - will have to check it out sometime!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, such small changes make such a huge impact. Love the blacked out trims. Are you planning to wrap your entire car in the future. Im REALLY tempted in doing it soon, but just cant decide on a color!

PS: I'm an Old school member of TWCompetition BTW...;) :):laugh:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, such small changes make such a huge impact. Love the blacked out trims. Are you planning to wrap your entire car in the future. Im REALLY tempted in doing it soon, but just cant decide on a color!

PS: I'm an Old school member of TWCompetition BTW...;) :):laugh:
TWC.... ah... the enemy lol. ;):D

Not going to do a full wrap. I hate not being able to seal and wax. There's actually a Ghibli right now at Promax getting a full wrap (Gray to white).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts