Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows how to disassemble the headrest? Removing it is easy, but actually taking it apart. My Driver side headrest is rattling inside and I wanted to see if I can fix it.. it is our of warranty.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Most issues with rattling from that area are actually because of the dried leather rubbing on the plastic tabs. Moisturize and condition the leather (you should do it regularly anyway) first and see if it solves it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anyone knows how to disassemble the headrest? Removing it is easy, but actually taking it apart. My Driver side headrest is rattling inside and I wanted to see if I can fix it.. it is our of warranty.
the rattle is caused by the tilt mechanism cracking apart. there was once an attempt at a rebuild kit, but i don't think the headrests were surviving the process. repair is a complete new head rest nowadays.
the headrest is floppy in addition to the rattle?

·
Registered
2014 Maserati Ghibli S
33 Posts
My driver side headrest was replaced under warranty, when 3 years old, as it was suddenly flopping about.
It was a surprise to me, as I never really use the headrest when driving. I was stopped in traffic, put my head back and found it very loose. No adjusting done, the dealer just ordered a replacement.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing if they can be disassembled to the point we could get the leather off cleanly, have the embossed emblem stitched and then reassembled. I've always wanted a Maserati with contrast stitched headrests, just wasn't an option for us in '14.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts