Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I checked the box to have the heated seat come on whenever the car starts. When I 1st did it, everything was fine. Then suddenly the heated seat will only be on when I start the car maybe 1 out of 5 starts.

Anyone have any idea why/solution?

Thanks!

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
My passenger seat heater turns from high to low to off in about 5-10 minutes every time I try to use it, no matter what the outside temperature is. The driver seat heater stays on high for as long as I want, no problem. Does anybody else have this problem with their 2018 Ghibli S?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Unless I am missing something, I didn't think there was a hi-lo setting for the seats. I believe mine are on and off. I thought this was strange, maybe I am missing something? I do wish there was a hard button for the seats vs. drilling into MTC.

EDIT: I see it in the manual. Maybe I just didn't see the high low. In terms of the auto on feature, I like it, but I wish it would shut off earlier or switch to low.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
It could be electrical, a sensor or relay that is cutting it off early. I have mine on auto, but usually turn them off once seat is warm.

·
Registered
542 Posts
the seats operate off of amperage draw measurements to determine seat temp. max operating time is 4-6min boost, up to 60min high, up to 45 min low. it steps it self down automatically until off.
there is a broad range of conditions contributing to the system, including the biometrics and metabolism of the occupant. its overly fancy and dumb at the same time. also, the module controlling it is under the driver seat, shortest wiring on driver seat as such. the longer wiring to other seats contributes some resistance to the circuit and as such, disables/steps down the further seats quicker.

·
Registered
113 Posts
the seats operate off of amperage draw measurements to determine seat temp. max operating time is 4-6min boost, up to 60min high, up to 45 min low. it steps it self down automatically until off.
there is a broad range of conditions contributing to the system, including the biometrics and metabolism of the occupant. its overly fancy and dumb at the same time. also, the module controlling it is under the driver seat, shortest wiring on driver seat as such. the longer wiring to other seats contributes some resistance to the circuit and as such, disables/steps down the further seats quicker.
Great info. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts