Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Heated seat on at start up only works sometimes...

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  vodaw 
#1 ·
So I checked the box to have the heated seat come on whenever the car starts. When I 1st did it, everything was fine. Then suddenly the heated seat will only be on when I start the car maybe 1 out of 5 starts.

Anyone have any idea why/solution?

Thanks!

Ron

#5 ·
My passenger seat heater turns from high to low to off in about 5-10 minutes every time I try to use it, no matter what the outside temperature is. The driver seat heater stays on high for as long as I want, no problem. Does anybody else have this problem with their 2018 Ghibli S?

#6 · (Edited)
Unless I am missing something, I didn't think there was a hi-lo setting for the seats. I believe mine are on and off. I thought this was strange, maybe I am missing something? I do wish there was a hard button for the seats vs. drilling into MTC.

EDIT: I see it in the manual. Maybe I just didn't see the high low. In terms of the auto on feature, I like it, but I wish it would shut off earlier or switch to low.

#7 ·
It could be electrical, a sensor or relay that is cutting it off early. I have mine on auto, but usually turn them off once seat is warm.

#8 ·
the seats operate off of amperage draw measurements to determine seat temp. max operating time is 4-6min boost, up to 60min high, up to 45 min low. it steps it self down automatically until off.
there is a broad range of conditions contributing to the system, including the biometrics and metabolism of the occupant. its overly fancy and dumb at the same time. also, the module controlling it is under the driver seat, shortest wiring on driver seat as such. the longer wiring to other seats contributes some resistance to the circuit and as such, disables/steps down the further seats quicker.

#11 ·
the only things that can cause the seats to operate differently is influence of resistance in the circuit, either through resistance in the wiring/connectors along the way to the heater element or the resistance of the bottom and back elements being incorrect and causing incorrect logic from the ECU responsible.

#15 ·
My problem is with the passenger seat heater, stays on for only 5 minutes, then shuts off on its own. 2 dealerships have looked at my car and couldn't fix it. Car was in the shop for weeks, Maserati Corporate says there's nothing wrong with my car. It's been over 3 months now and I'm back to square one, not sure what to do next. I hope you have better luck at a dealership and get them to fix your seat heater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.