Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum so apologies if the topic has been raised many times before . Had the car weeks and come across This problem today . Blows ice cold through the passenger side and full heat through drivers side . Tried all buttons . Changes direction no problem just heat remains the same on drivers side only (hot) any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
131 Posts
There’s 3 HVAC actuators in the dash. The one on the passenger side controls heat distribution between driver and passenger sides. They get stuck a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There’s 3 HVAC actuators in the dash. The one on the passenger side controls heat distribution between driver and passenger sides. They get stuck a lot.
I had the exact same problem... twice on mine. First time the passenger side would blow only cold air, and dealer "fixed" it by a software update (so they told me)… all was fine until a month later when the problem flipped sides and the drivers side would only blow cold air. In both situations, the windshield would fog up on the affected side which drove me insane. Took it back to the dealer and they told me they updated the software again, but my receipt stated the actuator was stuck, so they fixed that (hopefully long-term).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the exact same problem... twice on mine. First time the passenger side would blow only cold air, and dealer "fixed" it by a software update (so they told me)… all was fine until a month later when the problem flipped sides and the drivers side would only blow cold air. In both situations, the windshield would fog up on the affected side which drove me insane. Took it back to the dealer and they told me they updated the software again, but my receipt stated the actuator was stuck, so they fixed that (hopefully long-term).
There was a software update. How the actuators get stuck: every time you cycle the key the actuators go through a full cycle. Sometimes they go too far or shut off in a weird spot and get stuck. There was a bulletin for techs to remove the actuator when it got stuck, free it up, and update it to learn the stops and hopefully not get stuck again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can these actuator be reached by removing the trim or the glove box etc on passenger side ? Is it a case of freeing them off or do they need replacement ? Happy to give it a go myself rather than the hassle and wait of taking it to a dealer ? Btw he car is a right hand drive . Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Yeah - had the same problem here (passenger side - right hand drive) as well only a couple of months ago with my 2015 S. Looked the problem up on this forum and everyone said 'actuator is stuck'. Everyone was right - took it into our Maserati dealer and they said "yeah - not the first one of these we have done - common problem". Replaced the actuator (NZD$662.87) and total bill reached NZD$1161.30 (approx. USD$743). No problems since - just hoping like **** the other side doesn't 'stick' now.....

Be a lot cheaper to repair in the US/UK I expect. We get smashed on parts pricing down here in NZ because we are such a small market......

·
Super Moderator
1,961 Posts
Hi. Yeah - had the same problem here (passenger side - right hand drive) as well only a couple of months ago with my 2015 S. Looked the problem up on this forum and everyone said 'actuator is stuck'. Everyone was right - took it into our Maserati dealer and they said "yeah - not the first one of these we have done - common problem". Replaced the actuator (NZD$662.87) and total bill reached NZD$1161.30 (approx. USD$743). No problems since - just hoping like **** the other side doesn't 'stick' now.....

Be a lot cheaper to repair in the US/UK I expect. We get smashed on parts pricing down here in NZ because we are such a small market.......
Few have to pay to have this done as it was a defect typically covered under factory warranty. Most dealers should have done the software update to get this fixed before it got worse. If not fixed properly it can burn out the actuator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts