Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of research, I have finally decided to purchase my Ghibli tomorrow!!!! I wanted to thank everybody for posting so much valuable information. Now I feel so much more comfortable jumping into my first exotic automobile. Does anyone have a recommendation for an enclosed carrier company to transport my new baby to me? Also, I would like any advice for the best company in or near Los Angeles to have my car either oticoated or gteched. I look forward to many more posts and am so excited to join the club.

PS Am I the only female?

Reactions: TheJackal

·
Registered
863 Posts
To own the vehicle yes at least on the forum.. but in actual there are a couple of women here. But I think you are the first owner.. Tell us something about your car and would you mind sharing pics and price.

For opticoat llook at there website for the list of detailers.

Congrats on your car have a wonderful driving experience.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats...welcome! And post up pics..of your car :)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Congrats! -I hope you are not the only female represented in forum

BTW Do ladies also refer to their cars as females or is that just those from the 'weaker' sex? :laugh:

DD

Reactions: BarclayBabe

·
Registered
109 Posts
BTW Do ladies also refer to their cars as females or is that just those from the 'weaker' sex? :laugh:
This is something I just don't understand here. The Ghibli is anything but a feminine car -- it pretty much exudes testosterone, though more in the "David" -- as in Michelangelo -- style than the traditional American way. I don't understand how anyone could refer to this car as a "she" or "her".

·
Registered
312 Posts
Reactions: BarclayBabe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am purchasing my new car from Reeve's in Tampa. Not only did they have the only car exactly the way I wanted it, but they seem to have the deepest discounts around. MSRP $83,840 Internet price of $67,840. Zero negotiation from that price. Even with shipping out to LA I am still coming out ahead. Any shipping recommendations???? I am working with Dennis as my sales guy and he has been great. Car should be ready for transport by Tuesday!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations! I have also found the information and experiences detailed on this forum very valuable. I will be ordering a 2015 for my wife in the next few weeks. Won't see the discount that you got. I'm starving for 2015 info and can't wait until those that have one on order receive delivery.

I can recommend Gran Turismo Motor Sports for enclosed transport. I used them to transport my Shelby Super Snake from Las Vegas to Maryland. Cost was around $1800.00, but that was in mid 2012. They provided me the route, estimated delivery and the drivers cell phone number so I could call for updates. Reliable Carriers is another company that has a good reputation. There are other carries but I am unable to recommend them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am purchasing my new car from Reeve's in Tampa. Not only did they have the only car exactly the way I wanted it, but they seem to have the deepest discounts around. MSRP $83,840 Internet price of $67,840. Zero negotiation from that price. Even with shipping out to LA I am still coming out ahead. Any shipping recommendations???? I am working with Dennis as my sales guy and he has been great. Car should be ready for transport by Tuesday!
That is a good deal - 19% off MSRP - with shipping you will most likely be at 18% discount. I got a 16% discount on my 2014 S Q4 from a local dealer with all options and colors that I wanted - and I did used Reeves pricing to negotiate that much of a discount down.

As far as shipping companies, I have used Reliable Carriers and was very happy with them - enclosed trailer of course!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is something I just don't understand here. The Ghibli is anything but a feminine car -- it pretty much exudes testosterone, though more in the "David" -- as in Michelangelo -- style than the traditional American way. I don't understand how anyone could refer to this car as a "she" or "her".
I have always referred to my cars as 'she' or 'her'.....as a man it doesn't flow off the tongue to 'look at him shine' or 'I just took him out for a ride'. But that's just me!

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
Congratulations on your new choice of car and great your getting a fantastic deal. I took the plunge with little information and 11% discount 6 months ago, but today there is so much good information and resources on this forum it should help make your experience even better.

I suspect you will see a number of Ghibli's in your area as there are a few members active/inactive in LA area.

Looking forward to the pictures!!!

And I pretty sure you will find there are active female Ghibli owners on this forum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I recently moved from Philly!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I am male, but at last count the Ghibli has my wife in 70% of the time! The statement, "When are you traveling this week?" now means " Woohoo, the car is mine".... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats on the new car and welcome.

My wife is the primary driver on our Ghibli. She lets me drive it once in a while.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts