Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sam. I ran into this forum while searching for inf. on the new Ghibli. I did a little bit of reading and found the forum to be very informative. So here I am.:)
BTW, I am a "potential" buyer, so I will definitely try to spend as much time as I can here on the forum. Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Sam, nice to see another potential owner in Boston. Where in the area are you? I'm in Winchester, and have been dealing with Kelly Maserati in Danvers. It's been great working with them so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sam, nice to see another potential owner in Boston. Where in the area are you? I'm in Winchester, and have been dealing with Kelly Maserati in Danvers. It's been great working with them so far.
Hi essfive,
Thanks for the note. I'm in transition right now waiting for my home construction in Reading to be completed; need a couple more months (fingers crossed).
I'm glad to hear your impression re. Kelly in Danvers. It's the closest dealer to me, so there is a good likelihood I will visit them. Please let me know how it goes, and good luck!
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also in the Boston area; I live in Weston and ordered about a week ago from Herb Chambers in Wayland...
Hi there mikebos,
That's awesome, congrats!
What did you order? I hope the ~2 month wait will go fast for you.:)
How was your experience with the dealership?
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi there mikebos,
That's awesome, congrats!
What did you order? I hope the ~2 month wait will go fast for you.:)
How was your experience with the dealership?
Cheers,
Sam
So far the dealership experience has been fine -- I bought my previous BMW from Herb Chambers and generally had a good experience with that.

The 2 month wait will likely pass pretty slowly, but at this point I don't have much choice. Others are waiting more like 3 or 4 months, so I'm grateful it's not that long...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey CSI, I have not posted yet but bought my Ghibli in Naples back in January and I plan to ship it up to my Canton home in May. I love the dealership in Naples fl, but I took a bath on the lease, go to Kelly and save$$. ESSFive, Mikeboss, maybe we do a Boston area Ghibli owners rally this spring..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm up for a Boston area meet-up...seems like there may be a few owners or soon-to-be-owners in the area now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey CSI, I have not posted yet but bought my Ghibli in Naples back in January and I plan to ship it up to my Canton home in May. I love the dealership in Naples fl, but I took a bath on the lease, go to Kelly and save$$. ESSFive, Mikeboss, maybe we do a Boston area Ghibli owners rally this spring..
Hi Naplesmas,
Thanks for the tip re. Kelly. I heard the same from essfive, so it's a good sign. My current lease runs through Oct so it's beginning to look like I'll wait for the '15 model year for the Ghibli and get it in the fall. It's a long wait, I know :(

I'm game for a Boston area meet but I will need my Ghibli first :)

Congrats on your acquisition, I hope you're having great fun with it. And thanks again for the note.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sam, I have numbers from Kelly that beat my Naples dealership. If you'd like I can send them to you privet message, not sure how they would feel about me posting them. It may help. They seemed eager and professional. -Kurt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam, I have numbers from Kelly that beat my Naples dealership. If you'd like I can send them to you privet message, not sure how they would feel about me posting them. It may help. They seemed eager and professional. -Kurt
Thanks Kurt, replied to your pm.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
189 Posts
I spent the last couple of days in Cambridge and Boston and even though I spent most of the time indoors i spotted no less than 5 Ghiblis. There was a stunning SQ4 with Bianco paint with Rosso leather + carbon parked in the Saks Fifth Avenue parking structure.

Also, driving in Boston is TOUGH! Between traffic constantly crossing in front you to pedestrians and cyclists that like to cross the street without looking, I don't know how you do it without having your head on a swivel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, I got a new SQ4 couple of weeks back and love it. I live in Boston city and love driving it. Let me know if we are going to do a meet up in Boston sometime. I got mine from Kelly as well. I went to seajays for Opticoat like you essfive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sam. I ran into this forum while searching for inf. on the new Ghibli. I did a little bit of reading and found the forum to be very informative. So here I am.:)
BTW, I am a "potential" buyer, so I will definitely try to spend as much time as I can here on the forum. Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Sam
Hey Sam

Welcome to the board. Hope you become a permanent member. Any other cars you're looking into?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Sam

Welcome to the board. Hope you become a permanent member. Any other cars you're looking into?
Hi Tommy,
Many thanks for the note. My original post dates back to March, so it's been a while. :)
So, back around May timeframe, I decided to wait another couple of years for the Ghibli and leased another Porsche (a Macan S).
Needless to say, I also have not been active on this forum.
As another poster wrote, I've seen a number of Ghiblis in the Boston area, so it's not necessarily a very rare sight. And, oh boy, they look great!!!
Cheers,
Sam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts