Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new member here. already made a reservation for a white ghibli last month. it's been the longest month i've experienced. local dealer told me that car will arrive in our country on december 2nd and will be released to me a week after. wanted an sq4 but waiting time is about 4-5months so went with the ghibli instead. plus roads out here are small and traffic is terrible so the extra hp won't really be used that much.

anyway is it really worth getting the sq4 over the regular ghibli? besides the hp what other features will i miss? i test drove the ghibli diesel the power is already enough for my needs.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can assure you that your long wait will be well worth it and make your holidays that much more special. Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can assure you that your long wait will be well worth it and make your holidays that much more special. Cheers mate.

I waited from May 15 until October 11 for my 2015 SQ4 - it's worth the wait >:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
anyway is it really worth getting the sq4 over the regular ghibli? besides the hp what other features will i miss? i test drove the ghibli diesel the power is already enough for my needs.
Not sure if it is the same in the Philippines but you can compare the standard options of the base Ghibli and the SQ4 by reviewing the 2015 ordering guide. Here is a link to the US guide.

http://cms.maserati.chrysleracademy...2015-ghibli/2015_ghibli_order_guide_april2014

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well here's what i know so far.

had the rims replaced to a 21" titano anthracite. talked to the owner of the local maserati dealer and told him if the ghibli still doesn't arrive on december 2nd then i'll wait for either the S or Sq4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump, got my ghibli base january 5 and currently has 857km on it.

positive:
took me a while to get mine but at the end of november 2014 my local dealer let me borrow a ghibli diesel till they were able to release mine which was awesome since car dealers where i am don't do that. januar 5 they delivered the car to my place via tow truck even though i was only 5km away from them and told them they could just drive it to my place. car handles great and power is pretty good for a 345hp car, took it 3 laps around the track and performed better than i expect it to be. maserati's are pretty rare here also so that's a huge plus, people love seeing and hearing my car. autostrada motore which is the distributor of maserati here in the philippines has a top notch customer service they even let me drive a california t around the track.

negative:
as soon as i got the car i had to return it because the a/c vent on the driver side wasn't working. throttle lag just takes the fun out of this car, i hope we get a fix on that soon. radio is pretty **** terrible, cars 10x cheaper than the ghibli has better radio. glad didn't get the b&w sound system since the ghibli diesel they let me use has b&w and it still sounds terrible. now there's a rattling sound coming out of the exhaust when i accelerate from low speeds. srs airbag cover on the rear passenger side is broken.

i know it's not a bimmer or a mercedes but for a $165,000 car(cars here in the philippines are usually 2-3x more expensive than in USA) i expect it to be better. power and handling is great but not $165,000 great. and seriously our radio is so terrible and can't believe that toyota yaris and honda civic has better radio than a maserati. the problems i've encountered so far are minimal but at 857kms really? this is the first car i've owned that had problems this early, usually i experience minimal problems around 5,000kms not 857kms. i wish there was a lease program so i wouldn't have to buy it. do i regret buying one? to be honest i'm 60-40 on it, hopefully it grows on me more as i put more miles on it.

here are some pictures of my car.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome and we hope to hear from you often................Waiting all I can say is sooooooooooooooooooooo worth the wait. I have mine almost one year and every ride is like the first day I got the car................AWESOME........sports or sports manual 100%..........Cold start...........unbelievable.................

·
Registered
357 Posts
bump, got my ghibli base january 5 and currently has 857km on it.

positive:
took me a while to get mine but at the end of november 2014 my local dealer let me borrow a ghibli diesel till they were able to release mine which was awesome since car dealers where i am don't do that. januar 5 they delivered the car to my place via tow truck even though i was only 5km away from them and told them they could just drive it to my place. car handles great and power is pretty good for a 345hp car, took it 3 laps around the track and performed better than i expect it to be. maserati's are pretty rare here also so that's a huge plus, people love seeing and hearing my car. autostrada motore which is the distributor of maserati here in the philippines has a top notch customer service they even let me drive a california t around the track.

negative:
as soon as i got the car i had to return it because the a/c vent on the driver side wasn't working. throttle lag just takes the fun out of this car, i hope we get a fix on that soon. radio is pretty **** terrible, cars 10x cheaper than the ghibli has better radio. glad didn't get the b&w sound system since the ghibli diesel they let me use has b&w and it still sounds terrible. now there's a rattling sound coming out of the exhaust when i accelerate from low speeds. srs airbag cover on the rear passenger side is broken.

i know it's not a bimmer or a mercedes but for a $165,000 car(cars here in the philippines are usually 2-3x more expensive than in USA) i expect it to be better. power and handling is great but not $165,000 great. and seriously our radio is so terrible and can't believe that toyota yaris and honda civic has better radio than a maserati. the problems i've encountered so far are minimal but at 857kms really? this is the first car i've owned that had problems this early, usually i experience minimal problems around 5,000kms not 857kms. i wish there was a lease program so i wouldn't have to buy it. do i regret buying one? to be honest i'm 60-40 on it, hopefully it grows on me more as i put more miles on it.

here are some pictures of my car.

Congratulations on your new Ghibli. Enjoy. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
863 Posts
@grannyshifter I see you were driving the car fast.. 253 kmph nice.. i am amazed to see the price at 165000 that is just way too much. Is you car base model or S model?

·
Registered
294 Posts
@grannyshifter I see you were driving the car fast.. 253 kmph nice.. i am amazed to see the price at 165000 that is just way too much. Is you car base model or S model?
Ghibli Sq4 in my country (vietnam) cost $290,000. yes, US dollars. :eek::(
Congrats on the new Ghibli man, hope they fix it soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome grannyshifter! I got the Base Ghibli the power is enough here in California since overspeeding here is *****! I spent some time there in the PH, there is no speed limit, get the SQ4, and enjoy the POWER my friend!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
bump....

so after 5 months of owning the base ghibli i decided to get rid of it and trade it in with an s q4 yesterday.:D blue emozione with cuoio/nero interior, sport setting suspension, vented seats and bowers and wilkins sound system.

night and day difference in power and handling. the exhaust is also louder and throttle response is 10x better.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Car looks great!!! Especially the color combination with those 21" wheels.
I do think the S makes a big difference in exhaust sound and power over un-tuned base model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts