Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Looking to learn how to do as much maintenance as possible for my 2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4, which has 40000 miles on it. I bought it used and I’ve had it a year and I’ve put about 1800 miles on it. Looking to change the spark plugs, oil and brakes. I purchased new brakes and rotors as well as oil, all the filters and spark plugs. My little mechanic light just came on, so I’d love some advice from owners that have done some things and can tell me what I can do or SHOULD NOT do.
I appreciate being a part of the forum and looking forward to networking as learn how to take care of my car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey, welcome and congrats. Sorry it took 8 days for someone to reply. There isn't much traffic here but the folks who do post are really knowledgeable and good people. The Facebook Ghibli Group gets a ton of traffic if you are looking for a "fix". But like anything else on Facebook, it's open to idiots and trolls.

I am not a DIYer anymore when it comes to anything under the hood or car. But I have watched many YT videos. Search on James DIY Garage. He has a Ghibli and has videos for oil, plugs and I think brakes. These all can be done easily if you are handy. The biggest pain for the oil change is resetting the light. Dealer has a strong hold on this. Reset tools can be bought though for $150-$200 for certain MY's, but not all.

·
Super Moderator
2,138 Posts
New to the forum. Looking to learn how to do as much maintenance as possible for my 2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4, which has 40000 miles on it. I bought it used and I’ve had it a year and I’ve put about 1800 miles on it. Looking to change the spark plugs, oil and brakes. I purchased new brakes and rotors as well as oil, all the filters and spark plugs. My little mechanic light just came on, so I’d love some advice from owners that have done some things and can tell me what I can do or SHOULD NOT do.
I appreciate being a part of the forum and looking forward to networking as learn how to take care of my car.
In addition, to what Joe-Ghibli suggested some like you buy the parts direct but have a local "trusted" independent or chain install (labor only charge). It's usually a good middle of the road approach .... especially if you don't have the proper setup. I've even seen Maserati service departments install OEM parts supplied by customer so you only pay their labor, (plus get the complimentary check-up and wrench reset).
All that your asking is pretty straightforward and covered in various sections of the forum. Plugs are easiest so not many comments on this forum.

Reactions: Joe-Ghibli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, welcome and congrats. Sorry it took 8 days for someone to reply. There isn't much traffic here but the folks who do post are really knowledgeable and good people. The Facebook Ghibli Group gets a ton of traffic if you are looking for a "fix". But like anything else on Facebook, it's open to idiots and trolls.

I am not a DIYer anymore when it comes to anything under the hood or car. But I have watched many YT videos. Search on James DIY Garage. He has a Ghibli and has videos for oil, plugs and I think brakes. These all can be done easily if you are handy. The biggest pain for the oil change is resetting the light. Dealer has a strong hold on this. Reset tools can be bought though for $150-$200 for certain MY's, but not all.
In addition, to what Joe-Ghibli suggested some like you buy the parts direct but have a local "trusted" independent or chain install (labor only charge). It's usually a good middle of the road approach .... especially if you don't have the proper setup. I've even seen Maserati service departments install OEM parts supplied by customer so you only pay their labor, (plus get the complimentary check-up and wrench reset).
All that your asking is pretty straightforward and covered in various sections of the forum. Plugs are easiest so not many comments on this forum.

Thank you very much!!!! I certainly appreciate you getting back to me Sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts