Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leasing a Ghibli here in Chicago. Trying to decide between grey (Grigio or Grigio maratea) or white. Not much available, as I can't order a new one because of the time frame. Interior, it looks like cuoio is my only option, but I LOVE the red. Question is, what will make the curves of the car and the Maserati-ness stand out? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tough choice mate. White suits the Ghibli like none other. Having said that Grigio Maratea is also stunning and certainly not as common as white. It may come down to something else between the 2 cars in the end. My Ghibli is white and the only gripe is it needs a bit more maintanance- the dust starts to show very early. When you have a natural beauty the make up isn't too important. I hope it doesn't come down to a coin toss.
Good luck. Cheers mate.

·
Administrator
2,383 Posts
I have the Griogio Mareata with Cuoio plus extended dash and it really looks classy. The high amount of metalescence makes the color change in different lights. The Rosso leather interior is more sporty, but can't go wrong with the classy combo of Griogio Mareata and cuoio.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
The grey with the red interior must be stunning in person. That's my vote!

·
Registered
283 Posts
keep in mind, the red is REALLY RED. That was my first choice; however, upon seeing it in person, i quickly changed my mind. Driving that everyday for 36months will drive me nuts.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Leasing a Ghibli here in Chicago. Trying to decide between grey (Grigio or Grigio maratea) or white. Not much available, as I can't order a new one because of the time frame. Interior, it looks like cuoio is my only option, but I LOVE the red. Question is, what will make the curves of the car and the Maserati-ness stand out? Thanks in advance.
Hey! I am also in Chicago. Which dealer are you getting your car from?
Mine is White exterior/Nero interior. I would have loved to get RED interior/Carbo fiber trim. I saw a demo car with that interior combo. It just made the car so much sportier looking. 2nd choice is brown interior. I was convinced by the sales to get the black interior because it is a "safe" color and better for resale. I regret not getting brown interior.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey! I am also in Chicago. Which dealer are you getting your car from?
Mine is White exterior/Nero interior. I would have loved to get RED interior/Carbo fiber trim. I saw a demo car with that interior combo. It just made the car so much sportier looking. 2nd choice is brown interior. I was convinced by the sales to get the black interior because it is a "safe" color and better for resale. I regret not getting brown interior.
Getting mine from Bentley Gold Coast. You? Sorry to hear of your regret. I'm sure soon you'll come to love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the advice. Really any color is open to me. Everyone seems Grigio martea is the overall pick to show off the maserati-ness? Does it make a difference that I'm female??

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks everyone for the advice. Really any color is open to me. Everyone seems Grigio martea is the overall pick to show off the maserati-ness? Does it make a difference that I'm female??
It absolutely doesn't . Nice to have some gals on the forum. Feel kinda stupid for assuming you were a guy. I hope you had some good laughs. Cheers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My favorite bianco alpi with red interior, black with red or brown, and bianco with sabbia or brown. Ended up with white /sabbia back in Feb when red was just coming in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can't go wrong with any choice. It is a masserati and will entertain all types of look from joggers, walkers, gas station attendants, valet parking attendant and yes other drivers. I had some one in a Bently coupe stopped, removed his sun glasses and shook his head.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd recommend a darker color, it accentuates the lines of the car. Some cars look great in light colors because they have less complex forms, but to appreciate the Ghibli's subtle angles, a darker color suits it better.

My opinion is not white. Yesterday I was driving in back of a white Ghibli to the right was a white Toyota Camry. The Ghibli blended right in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it is all personal preference - at the end of the day you are driving a beautiful car no matter what - my favorite are Blu Passione and Bronze - I leased a bronze with Cuoio, I didn't like the black out interior that doesn't accentuate anything.. the cuoio two tonw interior is beautiful .. gives you black mats and some interior so not to show dirts but a beautiful brown seat and leather dash for accent and make the interior light. I have heard bad things about sabbia taking dirt from anywhere - even jeans sitting on them transfer the dye... either way good luck to you...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts