Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I took my car in the dealer last week for the subwoofer vibration fix. I came back with a problem with the seat. The memory setting and easy entry stopped working. Seems like my original position setting was erased and replaced by a setting done by someone that's 7ft tall. Every time I push button 1, it moves the seat all the way back. I tried resetting it by pushing the "S" and "1" buttons together, but it is not registering.
I thought maybe it has something to do with me turning off the easy entry. So I turned it back on, but the it is not working. The seat doesn't move at all when I turn the car off.
Is this a easy? Can someone tell me what I can do on my own? I would hate to spend 2 hours driving to the dealer again.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Have you checked the setting on the MTC that easy exit is turned on.. if not that might be the issue.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the setting on the MTC that easy exit is turned on.. if not that might be the issue.
I assume MTC is the computer system on the monitor? what does MTC stand for?

I turned it off before. That's why I thought maybe it had something to do with my memory setting not working. So I turned it back on. Not only the memory setting is still not working. The easy entry also doesn't work.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Its the setting on your Uconnect touchscreen panel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All
I tried resetting it by pushing the "S" and "1" buttons together, but it is not registering.
Did you try to adjust to your need than hit S and than hit 1? That should do it. Let us know if it worked.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
312 Posts
MTC = Maserati Touch Control

Reactions: yxc145

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you try to adjust to your need than hit S and than hit 1? That should do it. Let us know if it worked.

FoxBeat
Tried that, too. Didn't work. I think something is wrong. Because not only memory setting isn't working, the easy entry stopped working, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adjust your seat in the desired position. Push S followed by pushing either 1 or 2 three times in a row. It should fix it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adjust your seat in the desired position. Push S followed by pushing either 1 or 2 three times in a row. It should fix it.
ok. that worked.

now, can someone tell me how to fix the easy entry? I clicked, un-clicked, clicked it many times. it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If your seating position is set near the very back position, it will not move it the rest of the way. Try moving the seat forward a little bit and see if it will allow enough travel for the comfort entry/exit. If so, there isn't an issue with it. I had this issue and managed to find a comfortable seating position that allowed it to work properly.

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
852 Posts
when you have easy entry set to allow the seat to move back be sure to let rear seat passengers disembark before shutting the car off!! No crushed toes that way! although i think it is more scary than potentially dangerous!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your seating position is set near the very back position, it will not move it the rest of the way. Try moving the seat forward a little bit and see if it will allow enough travel for the comfort entry/exit. If so, there isn't an issue with it. I had this issue and managed to find a comfortable seating position that allowed it to work properly.
I am only 5' 9". So my seating position is not that far back. The easy entry DID work before. I turned it off so it doesn't jam the rear passenger in when I get out. But when I got the car back from the dealer. It stopped working, even when I turned it on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am only 5' 9". So my seating position is not that far back. The easy entry DID work before. I turned it off so it doesn't jam the rear passenger in when I get out. But when I got the car back from the dealer. It stopped working, even when I turned it on.
I don't know if you resolved this issue or not but I had the exact same thing happen after a bunch of software updates. Once, you've validated that the setting is turned on in the settings - use the seat controls to move it completely forward and then completely backward. This re-calibrates the position sensors and your easy exit should work again - give it a shot :).

·
Registered
480 Posts
I recall some one once posted that if your seat is set almost all the way back the easy entry seat portion will not move it further. In other words you have to be pretty far forward to have it activate. Try moving up mor and see if the seat moves back on exit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did anybody figure this out? Got my car back from the dealer yesterday and my seat does not slide... Steering wheel does move up & down. I have:

- reprogrammed my seat setting several times
- slid the seat all the way forward and all the way back
- made sure my saved setting has several inches for the seat to slide back
- even checked my wife's seat setting (she's 5'4") and it still doesn't slide

This worked fine before my vehicle went in in my same seat position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For some reason the easy entry only works half of the time.... I do not understand why it only works sometimes and not others... Does anyone have any idea why it would only work sometimes and not others?

·
Registered
644 Posts
you could try moving the seat with the ignition off and door open, sort of showing the car where you want the seat when you are getting in and out.
1- get in, start car
2- ensure you adjust seat to your liking with the car on
3- save the setting by pressing S and releasing, followed by pressing a number
the ipc should display a saved confirmation.
4- turn the car off and open the door as though getting out.
5- adjust the seat to where it ought to be. get out and close door.
6- open the door and get in, cycle the ignition a few times to see if it held the settings.

let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've given up on the easy entry/exit feature. Had it in the dealer multiple times for this. Last time they got the steering wheel to go up & down 1 time. After that it was back to steering wheel goes up upon exit and doesn't come back down when you start the car. Just had to turn it off. Tired of trips to the dealer.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
313 Posts
I've had this issue on and off but think I stumbled upon the "fix". My easy entry/exit hadn't of worked for probably close to a year until the other day when it suddenly started working again. I had just adjusted my seat height (lowered it slightly) right before shutting off and getting out of the car and voila. I noticed previously that it had stopped working after I had adjusted the seat height (higher) but I didn't really mess with it too much before to try and get it working again. So perhaps the seat cannot be too high for this to work.

For those of you with this issue, I'd suggest try doing what I described above.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts