Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Black Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (Named "Bella")
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m buying a 2014 sq4 this week. I’m aware the car is low and has a great tendency to rub over speed bumps and uneven road conditions.

I live in the rural country, and since most vehicles out here are jacked up trucks, roads haven’t been a main concern for the local government (aka, roads are crap)…

I would like to know the best way to increase ride height (and the less expensive, the better). I’m just a casual driver, not a racer, and drive the speed limit, so willing to sacrifice a bit in performance to gain some extra clearance.

All help is appreciated !!!

·
Registered
2015 Black Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (Named "Bella")
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I understand that.

I understand the 2014 can suffer from spring sag in front, and many advise to put 2016 springs to fix that, and that keeps the geometry correct.
If that is accurate, please advise.

Another thought, what is the tallest tire size I can mount it n stock sq4 18” rims without rubbing ? Taller sidewall should have little/zero effect on geometry.

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m not sure about the springs, someone else in the forum hopefully chimes in on that.
Just remember, anything that changes the OD of the wheel outside the design margins changes the scrub radius thus changing the suspension geometry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts