Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Need opinion on a deal. Went to go see an executive demo w 4 k mi in rosso folgore sq4 w premium and sport packages and 19 proteos but was sold before i got to dealer. Dealer had said could sell for 68 before i got there.

Dealer showed me a grigio w a two tone interior car that is a 1 owner car 2014 sq4 same packages (except doesnt have alcantara headliner like the demo had) w 12,600 mi on it. After haggling a little came down to 63 on it. Hes offerring 11k on my trade in bmw 3 series which i know is a good deal as its an 07 w an accidrnt that i bought preowned. I accepted deal but am wondering if this is a good deal can still backout. Said cannot drop tire and wheel and said 2295 is lowest he could go. I loved the car and am a little bummed re color but the grigio does seem stately and i dig the interior esp as the other had a nero interior. This one has red brake calipers. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would say the price is great and trade in better but the only way to know is to drive and feel the car. My recommendation is to drive it without stereo on for a while and then with your favorite music at high volume.
what do you mean "cannot drop tire and wheel" ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I drove the car with the stereo off and it felt like a rocket. This was at the sport mode on. It really felt like an awesome car. I was just concerned a little bit about the price. Regarding the tire and wheel protection, the dealer won't go below $2295 for three-year package.didn't know if there are better deals to be had at other dealerships or with third-party tire and wheel protection plans?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think the price is good. Most likely a return from a customer that was not patient with waiting for fix of the annoying issues ...speakers, brakes etc...All the issues are getting addressed in Italian way...one at the time my friend...one at the time :)
mine was fixed before the delivery and after 5500 miles I do not have one coplain at all.

if you felt like a rocket they spent some time on it and got everything fixed so the price is good for me
Do not worry about tires and wheels, you can buy a nice almost new set of tires and wheels on ebay for half of the protection package, just check ebay and see

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Really very good advice. One last thing. They said i cant buy maintenance package. Coming from bmw im perturbed at having to pay for maintenance. Is this crazy costly my dealer will pickup and drop off on flat bed but has no loaners. All strange things. What have peoples experiences been w this? Any afternarket warranty/maint plans extended warranty stuff?

·
Registered
357 Posts
The good news is service intervals are 12K miles apart. Full warranty till 50K miles so a long ways to go.Dealer picking up and drop off on flat bed is fantastic. Rental car option can be very cheap while car being serviced. Many positives here. At the end of the day you are driving a Maserati at an incredibly low price thanks to the Ghibli. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good point Mangirek, I would ask the dealer to give you the 3 next maintenance in the price and if you felt the car get it or you will regret it.
Our car is unique and different from the others if you feel the car you will love it, if you get the car because you want the brand do not get it.
Maserati is not just a car to show around as a trophy, is a way to enjoy ourselves even if we are alone.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Thanks guys. Really very good advice. One last thing. They said i cant buy maintenance package. Coming from bmw im perturbed at having to pay for maintenance. Is this crazy costly my dealer will pickup and drop off on flat bed but has no loaners. All strange things. What have peoples experiences been w this? Any afternarket warranty/maint plans extended warranty stuff?
Doesn't make sense. Maserati offers Ghibli 4-year maintenance package for $1495 +/-. Right or wrong I went with the package as part of my total deal.

It is crazy your dealer won't provide a loaner ... that is pretty standard for Maserati dealers near me.

There is not yet an extended warranty package (6 years 100K) for the current 2014 owner but told recertification is coming soon now 2015's are out, (around $2500). If a dealer really wanted to accommodate they could re-certify the vehicle, but few will and prefer to wait for the formal method.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said that a maintenance package could not be purchased for a car over 10,000 miles. With respect to the service loaners, they said that they will try to have loaners available in about six months but up until very recently they never had a significant demand and are only arranging service on earth because of the Maserati Ghibli model line and increased sales. Also they r offerring 3.25 percent for 72 mos financing. Best deal they can give as car is used. Im looking myself but doubt i can beat that rate. Thoughts? Finally insurance is quite a bit more on this bad boy. Runs me 780/6mos for 0 deductible comprehensive and 500 deductible collision

·
Registered
172 Posts
BS: that car has less than 12,500 miles, maybe because already had the first maintenance DONE but not because of mileages
Pre-Paid Maintenance

Take advantage of Maserati Premium Service that include all the checks and replacement operations provided for in the Maserati Standard Maintenance Schedule, for 48 months or 50,000 miles.*
Maserati Premium Service delivers savings when compared to identical services provided outside of this prepaid maintenance program. You must take advantage of this offer within the first 12 months or 12,500 miles of vehicle ownership or prior to the first maintenance service. Contact your Authorized Maserati Dealer for details and to sign up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha. I wasnt so accurate. Mileage is 12,600 and car was purchases originally nov 13,2014 so more than a year justmissed it. At least i know dealer isnt lying. I asked for a free serviceor two and they said no. Said i beat them up on price pretty bad and they cant/wont d anything more. I asked for allweather mats and they r still working on getting me that as they arent sure they can do it

·
Registered
695 Posts
Our dealer has no loaners but will rent a car. Also big on pick up and delivery. But in Vegas they are probably between 10-20 miles away from all their owners!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts