Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this spot on my 2017 Maserati Ghibli. Looks like something spilled and distorted the coating. I thought it might be adhesive but no. It does feel raised above the surface. I've tried a small amount of adhesive remover but no luck. Anyway to buff this out without having to paint the whole door? You can’t see it looking directly straight at it, but from an angle it is visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
I found this spot on my 2017 Maserati Ghibli. Looks like something spilled and distorted the coating. I thought it might be adhesive but no. It does feel raised above the surface. I've tried a small amount of adhesive remover but no luck. Anyway to buff this out without having to paint the whole door? You can’t see it looking directly straight at it, but from an angle it is visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd take it to a local car detailing shop, not necessarily a body shop to have them look at it.. There are pads that can refresh surface marring and be buffed out like new when you're applying many of the ceramic / specialty coatings. Hard to tell from the picture if it's etched, marred or other. It seems like more of it on the raised part of the panel.

Reactions: Sam Vallejo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd take it to a local car detailing shop, not necessarily a body shop to have them look at it.. There are pads that can refresh surface marring and be buffed out like new when you're applying many of the ceramic / specialty coatings. Hard to tell from the picture if it's etched, marred or other. It seems like more of it on the raised part of the panel.
So, I did go to my local and best rated Auto body & paint shop. The guy thought it was some sort of adhesive stain so he told me to pull it out back and he would have his guy take a look. He tried a clay bar and some adhesive remover, didnt work. I mentioned the wet sanding, compound and buff and he said, yup...looks like it needs to be done. Took a quick 10min with the orbital sander/polisher and the majority of it came off. There is still a small spot but it isn’t noticeable unless you use a magnifying glass. He was worried about pulling too much off the clear coat off, but the difference is night and day. Didn’t ask for any payment to do it but i still tipped the guy $50 bucks. Don’t even want to know what they would’ve charged me at the Maserati dealership. Thanks again for the tip brother.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Didn’t ask for any payment" bloody ****, what a splendid chap. Make sure to leave a google review for them, it's important for small businesses. That's great service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Didn’t ask for any payment" bloody ****, what a splendid chap. Make sure to leave a google review for them, it's important for small businesses. That's great service.
I absolutely did that once i arrived home. I made sure not to include the word “free” so others won’t be expecting to get any services for free. I just mentioned it was “easy on my wallet” compared to a dealership and a stress-free experience. 5 stars for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts