Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as one of the first Ghibli buyers in Thailand, I'm excited to introduce myself here to other Maserati lovers. It was always a dream to own the trident badge, never thought it would be possible....until the Ghibli. Timing was lucky also.

Supposedly the build is underway already; its a RHD 21" rims blue emozione std ghibli with the cuaio interior and a few options like paddle shifters, pedals and so on (the prices here are pretty outrageous due to import taxes on exotic cars, it costs 200k+ USD as do other fully imported Euro cars; still is half the price around about of a QP); supposed to arrive in May. Once it's here will look to lower it and tint out the windows etc. Will be watching closely to see if anyone fiddles the ECU to modify the engine for more HP, and would look to change out the air intake and exhaust if the ECU tune is also possible. the S is another $30k USD more in price, and it's already a pretty hefty price here.

Compared to my current daily driver, a fairly modified Mini Cooper S which I will keep (we have a lot of public carparks), the ghibli should be a pleasure in Bangkok''s traffic, and great for carting my mum around the place.

Over here there are loads of Benz, BMW, a few Porsches, lexuses, audis, and very few Maseratis, Jags, etc. For me I loved the look of the XF but it's a mid model life car now plus is only available here in the 2.2 diesel, I love hot hatches but very few of them are available here (no BMW 135, no Scirocco R) whereas the Ghibli was literally making me thing 'I have to have this car now before I am too old and it makes me look like I have male meno-porsche disease"

Also, as a keen sailor, ghibli is a wind, so that was the final tipping point :)

This site is awesome, loads of info, the main concern I have now is the premium sound issue; at least now I guess I have my expectations on how it will turn out; I have ummed and arred about the color but really how can you get a Maserati (at least my first one) and not have the blue? the local dealer for Maserati and Fiat Abarth FERMA Motor here in Bangkok is very professional, and I think once the car arrives, they are going to have a very big success with the Ghibli for sure.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! Hope you enjoy the site and participate when you can.........Guess a Ghibli is really cheap in the US compared to what you are paying and we are very lucky!! Congrats again and welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
as one of the first Ghibli buyers in Thailand, I'm excited to introduce myself here to other Maserati lovers. It was always a dream to own the trident badge, never thought it would be possible....until the Ghibli. Timing was lucky also.

Supposedly the build is underway already; its a RHD 21" rims blue emozione std ghibli with the cuaio interior and a few options like paddle shifters, pedals and so on (the prices here are pretty outrageous due to import taxes on exotic cars, it costs 200k+ USD as do other fully imported Euro cars; still is half the price around about of a QP); supposed to arrive in May. Once it's here will look to lower it and tint out the windows etc. Will be watching closely to see if anyone fiddles the ECU to modify the engine for more HP, and would look to change out the air intake and exhaust if the ECU tune is also possible. the S is another $30k USD more in price, and it's already a pretty hefty price here.

Compared to my current daily driver, a fairly modified Mini Cooper S which I will keep (we have a lot of public carparks), the ghibli should be a pleasure in Bangkok''s traffic, and great for carting my mum around the place.

Over here there are loads of Benz, BMW, a few Porsches, lexuses, audis, and very few Maseratis, Jags, etc. For me I loved the look of the XF but it's a mid model life car now plus is only available here in the 2.2 diesel, I love hot hatches but very few of them are available here (no BMW 135, no Scirocco R) whereas the Ghibli was literally making me thing 'I have to have this car now before I am too old and it makes me look like I have male meno-porsche disease"

Also, as a keen sailor, ghibli is a wind, so that was the final tipping point :)

This site is awesome, loads of info, the main concern I have now is the premium sound issue; at least now I guess I have my expectations on how it will turn out; I have ummed and arred about the color but really how can you get a Maserati (at least my first one) and not have the blue? the local dealer for Maserati and Fiat Abarth FERMA Motor here in Bangkok is very professional, and I think once the car arrives, they are going to have a very big success with the Ghibli for sure.
Congratulations.
It's a great car yhe Maserati.
I live in Khon Kaen and I drive a Quattroporte.
I love it.
Can you tell me how much a Ghibli cost in Thailand?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sawasdee krub! I guess you must be the only Maserati owner in Isaan! Do you come to the events for Maserati Owners Club in Bangkok sometimes?

The Ghibli prices at the moment are quite a lot cheaper than the QP, and including 1 year insurance + 5 years of maintenance which is a good deal. Price for std is 6.9m and S is 7.9m (QP is about 12m); as with all Maseratis from Maserati Thailand you can negotiate slight discount or add some options within this price (as I did with bigger rims etc).

I believe that with some ECU tune and new exhaust/air intake, the std should not be so much slower than the S, but still waiting for those to become available.

It's a real dream for me to own a Maserati, and actually I find the new QP a little large (if no Ghibli then I would own VW Scirocco R, Mini Cooper S (own already), Audi S1, Audi TTS, BMW 135 - that sort of car) so for me Ghibli came at the perfect time.

Now we just start to see grey market maseratis, but for me, I like the people at Empire Motorsport and they are very professional; for peace of mind easier to just buy from them and the price is much the same.

If the Thai govt run out of money as expected and increase car tax which is rumoured, then now is the time to quickly buy and lock in the good prices; as soon I think Ghibli may cost more than this :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, what an exciting forum! I feel like I know everyone. Khun Siets and Khun KoBeck, nice to make your acquaintances. I believe you already know each other from a previous gathering?

Maserati needs to sponsor your sailing Mr. KoBeck!
Unofficially, I believe the first Ghiblis have arrived in Thailand already. Wink, wink.
-Todd ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, what an exciting forum! I feel like I know everyone. Khun Siets and Khun KoBeck, nice to make your acquaintances. I believe you already know each other from a previous gathering?

Unofficially, I believe the first Ghiblis have arrived in Thailand already. Wink, wink.
-Todd ;)
Dear Todd
Another Thailand Maserati fan, that makes 3 of us! I am very excited to see the car in a couple of weeks then....... there are a few Maserati forums but this one seems the most focused on the Ghibli....so it's got to be good :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts