Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it may be helpful to provide some higher mileage feedback from my Ghibli Diesel which has covered. 12000 UK miles and is about to have its first service next week.

The car was one of the very first in the Uk ordered Sept. 13 and I received it in the last week in January 14 , moving from a very un reliable Jaguar XFS.

BLu Emozion, black leather, sky hook, comfort pack, exec pack and 20 inch Urano wheels as main options ( I am amazed how awful the smaller wheels look and why you would want them ! )

Only problems I have encountered are the window auto up ( which there is now an accepted UK fix which will be done next week ) and this week a warning light for service of electronic park
brake.

It has been faultless otherwise and I average 750 miles a week. Of interest for consumption ( the clock resets at one hundred hours driving ) the average for. 12000 miles has been 35.4 per gallon.

I have never received as much attention in any car I have owned and am thrilled with it . M

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Mpm ... Thanks for the update.
Glad you had an excellent experience and enjoying your Ghibli. These are unique and somewhat still exclusive. I have the 20" Urano's and really like them.
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Mr Beer

One thing I forgot to mention was having read all the posts on the velour mats . In UK it was a right game to get them as the first Uk customer car from my dealer back in Jan, they had to provide ones from the demonstrator.

After three months it's got a big Hole in it where. The heel sits.. Would expect that at 80 to 100k miles not 5 000 - its being replaced next week, will download a photo if anyone wants to see, god knows where they had them made !

·
Registered
863 Posts
So here is my average on the SQ4 from my trip to the meetup and back home.
Just Wicked good. >:D

Attachments

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
863 Posts
yes that it was and very comfortable when driving on long distances, just put it in I.C.E

Also it is also pretty good even speeding up even in ICE mode..

Athar

Great mpg. I assume that the car was in I.C.E. Mode for the highway ride....

Steve

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Flamingwicky-
That's pretty good 26.4 mpg in ICE mode .... I've not heard anyone reach that yet.
I got 22.4 mpg for 248 miles in ICE mode (highway) for the New Hope meet ... maybe having 4 passengers and 20" tires ate into the mileage. My best was 24 mpg when brand new (200 miles in auto from dealer).

Reactions: flamingwicky

·
Registered
178 Posts
We're getting similar mileage on the highway in ICE mode, 26+. Problem is, most of my driving is around town doing 30 to 50 in traffic with lights and getting 9-12 mpg. Sunday we're doing a 2,000 mile road trip up to New England, Maine and over to Halifax, NS. Should get good mileage on the interstates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve,

No to ICE . Used the button once and thought it was a bit sad ! A bit like an all fun off button ! 60 % of time in sport mode and 40% in normal? you must take into account that it's diesel though not petrol if you did not spot it

My mileage is all motorway runs at about 90 mph ( 75 mph if police are reading ) all day with a bit of country and city at each end,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will be ramping up to 1000 plus per week soon which is normal for me , I tend to kill cars off and they can either endure or fold ! The old XFS was a un reliable piece of junk and by this mileage I had had two turbos replaced, a new sun roof ( don't ask other than rain mention a wet head ) , two sets of valves and two replacement sets of running lights with 6 down days.

I had all the "has it gone wrong yet stuff for months" answer is no - too busy looking good baby !

Of interest- the top uk Maserati technical guy for UK is coming over next week to see the car as it's the highest mileage one in UK and they are very interested in looking at it and talking to me.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mpm

I use ICE when my wife is in the car on long highway trips for two reasons 1) she like the smoother ride and our roads here in NE US are not the best kept due to winter salting and 2) we get better petrol mph in ICE mode.
But on local driving or when I am alone in the car or with my son, it's normal or normal sport and the gas mog goes down to the 12-18 range.
In car club drives, it's manual sport all the way so now on those events mog is more like 9-11.
Steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
On long highway trips I found that if you run it on ICE at about 70-75mph, cruise control so you're not revving the engine, the rpms settle in at about 1600-1800 rpms. This should give you about 26-27mpg. Save the fun for smaller, curved roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a rubber mat the same color as the mat in the car and it works like a charm.You will save the floor mat from having any future holes from use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good idea, thankyou . I am looking into getting some higher quality mats made in the UK now, but a rubber mat for winter is a good move- we don't have as much snow as you boys though but lots of rain !

M

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well, as I said in an earlier post, the ones I am getting are costing £110 so they better be half decent... I will advise when I take delivery of the car. If you do find some alternatives though, please let us know (in the UK) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Err Uk Ghibli I am afraid to say I think you will find they are the same as mine, I only got them free as made a fuss and car was delivered with none!

Will see what they replace them with next week, and what the Carlos Fandango ones will come in at

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Mpm, if they are crappy quality I will reject them.... simple. Do your have any distinguishing marks (apart from the hole !) / labels on that I could see if they are the same make ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts