Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm thinking somewhere in the Netherlands...also proves my questions about digital speed readout in the center display. The movie cuts off at 238 KPH / 148 MPH!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just watched this again for kicks. Never noticed the writing on the bottom once you clear the advertisement. It says 0-100khp in 3.9 seconds! That is pretty impressive - moves it into supercar territory. Any confirmation of this? I've seen official figures as 4.7 sec as per Maserati.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Watched this already 4 times!! LOL
I hope this is true about the 0-60... LOVE THE EXHAUST SOUND!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just watched this again for kicks. Never noticed the writing on the bottom once you clear the advertisement. It says 0-100khp in 3.9 seconds! That is pretty impressive - moves it into supercar territory. Any confirmation of this? I've seen official figures as 4.7 sec as per Maserati.
I just timed the 0-100 time (from the video) using the stopwatch on my phone and I got approx. 5.4 seconds (not even close to 3.9 seconds).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just timed the 0-100 time (from the video) using the stopwatch on my phone and I got approx. 5.4 seconds (not even close to 3.9 seconds).
Yes, but two things to note - the driver was probably not a pro so he didn't launch as hard as he could have (there really is a lot more than just hitting the 'go' pedal). Also, digital speedos are notoriously laggy, especially upon rapid acceleration. The system has to display momentary speed at intervals, and the computer has to take a second to process the data. Really can only know the speed with a 3rd party device (GPS, accelerometer, handheld radar, etc.), because the analog speedos are also calibrated a few mph above true ground speed, so are a little over optimistic.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got 5.12 s from timing it twice using a stopwatch. A hard launch would probably shave .5s of that time...but we shall see

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but my point is that when you see the 100 on the display, the car may have already passed that speed due to lag. Really can't go by this - we will have to see what holds up to independent testing. Tire choice will also affect the speed significantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts