Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed a custom order for a Ghibli last week; the dealer already had a car they'd ordered, which had been allocated, and they were able to switch the features of the car to what I wanted. The sheet they gave me, labeled "Sale Order" from Maserati North America, shows a delivery date of May 12th. When I asked the dealer what that meant, he said it was the date the car is due in the port (Newark), so I should have it a few days later.

My question: has anyone else been given a delivery date like this on a custom order, and if so, how accurate did the date turn out to be? The dealer says it's an estimate and there are no guarantees…

·
Registered
852 Posts
I ordered my car on Jan 9 and it arrived in port friday about 8 weeks. Delivery is planned for this week probably Friday or Saturday....my dealer has not had any problems with delivery dates except pre production orders that had options that were not slated for the beginning of production......that is all past tense now.........date sounds real........I am in the US in NJ taking delivery in NY - Manhattan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not quite the same in the UK(SURPRISE, SURPRISE!)

i ordered on 31 January.

The only info I have been given is that the car will be 'released from the factory' in April.

Don't know if that means 1 or 30 April though!

·
Registered
852 Posts
if beginning of April that would match. Some have waited a long time check the threads. Where are you located and which dealer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
As my forum name indicates I'm Essex man!

HR Owen St Albans are handling my order. So far, so very good. Time will tell if i get what I expect, when i expect it!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had another communication from my dealer - top draw for that.

Car has moved into 'build'. Hope they are careful with it!

Delivery April - maybe!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts