Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've placed a deposit. I have a VIN. I'm told it's at the port. In fact, it's been at the port for a week and a half. I was told right up until 7/28 that the car was to be delivered to the dealership on 7/29. Every day since last monday I've been told 'tomorrow'. Nobody can seem to tell me why it has not been delivered yet or when I can expect it. The dealership is less than 30 miles from the port.

What the heck is going on with my car and why can't/won't anyone tell me what is going on?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Something is up go my car 7 days after in the port and my dealership was Manhatten.......did you talk to the GM........if you are not getting answers that is where you bring it up the line.............good luck......

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been speaking direct with the GM. It was originally supposed to go to a different location but they secured it for me at the port. My initial guess was that it went to the wrong location but I'm being told it is still at the port. I'm beyond the dealership at this point. I've started leaving messages for Maserati of NA in Englewood Cliffs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
same issues in the UK, the dealerships don't have any idea really until the transporter turns up. All information they have comes from Italy and is an approximation... worth the wait though

·
Registered
305 Posts
Remember Italy stops for August. I have been to Modena and the Po valley in August and there is nobody at home. Delivery ex-works will either be July or September.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember Italy stops for August. I have been to Modena and the Po valley in August and there is nobody at home. Delivery ex-works will either be July or September.
My car is not in Italy. It is in Port of Newark which is 23 miles from the dealership. It has been there since some time the week of July 21. I was promised delivery on July 29. Every day since last Monday I've been told 'tomorrow' with no explanation as to why it hasn't shown up yet. I know there are people here that had their cars on the same boat and took delivery last week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is an update for those that have looked into this thread. Bottom line, the dealership is taking care of me. They obviously want to get me in my car but were having a hard time getting info from logistics/the port. It's in no way the dealership's fault.

Here's the deal. At the port, the car would not start. Usually not a big deal as the battery can discharge a bit depending on how long the car was sitting. This apparently happens on a regular basis and the solution is to just swap the battery out for a new one. So they did that and the car still did not start. So with obvious electrical issues they have engineers working on the car. Before I could even get out "I don't want that car" the GM told me he was uncomfortable selling me that particular car and would locate me another one. He has since done so (with all my requirements included) and secured it for me. While we wait for the other car, they put me in a loaner for my patience and inconvenience.

All in all, great customer service from the dealership even if it means I need to wait a little longer to take delivery of my car. The car also has an additional $2000 in options and said they would honor the original deal price. All in all, I'm happy with the way they are handling things.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Amazing dealership.. btw what additional option does the new car has... and whats the build date on the new car

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
Glad the dealership is taking car of you, although I'm sure it has been a stressful couple of weeks.

Interesting question though .... wonder who will wind up with the 'original' car at the port and if they will ever know the car had this type of problem.

When mine came into the NJ port it had 30 miles exactly and in my hand on day 4. So they should be running transports routinely into NY/NJ.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad the dealership is taking car of you, although I'm sure it has been a stressful couple of weeks.

Interesting question though .... wonder who will wind up with the 'original' car at the port and if they will ever know the car had this type of problem.

When mine came into the NJ port it had 30 miles exactly and in my hand on day 4. So they should be running transports routinely into NY/NJ.
I doubt the next buyer will be able to tell. Since it has never been registered, there will be no record of the repair work. It will be sold as new with a clean record. That is, of course, unless they know someone with the VIN but again, they would not even to know to ask the question.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not completely relevant to the thread and I don't even have the car yet! But if you must know it is the amazing Premium Audio that apparently nobody can live without and the Ebano gloss trim (instead of Radica open pore). Everything else was the same. $1440+390=$1830

·
Registered
863 Posts
So basically in other words you were going with the standard audio and would have upgraded later

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So basically in other words you were going with the standard audio and would have upgraded later
Probably not unless their was a drop in sub available. I just wasn't going to spend the money on premium after all the 'not worth it' comments I've read here. Audio was better in my BMW but I spent the last 3 months driving a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. That is some bad acoustics. I did swap the roll bar midrage and the dash tweeters. Still, the Ghibli is better in the loaner I have with standard. Sat radio is terrible. It's just there for convenience. I find myself listening to spotify or nothing at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts