Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is interesting to know the millage and year model and problems occurred till now from any Ghibli in the forum

Concerning mine from 2018 - MY2019
21678 miles today

Got a few minor issues
The stitching on the passenger seat had a default as soon as I received the car new, directly replace on warranty, also the TMC+ the glass had like dirty or smoky dirt from the inside, fixed under warranty
I had a noise coming from behind the tachometer, with the driver air-vents open the noise was loud with the air-vents closed no noise, was fixed last year under warranty, the center console clock maserati, the glass had like dirt inside and was moving, the clock was replaced under warranty last year,
The sound from the Bowers Wilkins just in radio or normal BT streaming even with the volume of the mobile to the max still not loud at all like 60% however if I connect the USB cable to my phone and i use Android the sound it is just a master piece , so I already raised this concern and will be checked on the next maintenance
The lower central console where you have the shifter, when I was touching with my leg on the side while driving it was making a squeeze noise, fixed under warranty
No other issues

In maintenance
Had the 1st maintenance done
Tyres still the original but need replacement all 4, breaks still all original and rotors in a very good condition
No other works.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have ~34,500 miles on my 2014 SQ4 which I bought new. Besides the campaigns I've only had a couple minor issues, oil pressure sensor replaced, center arm-rest replaced because the lid quit popping open, both covered under warranty.

Still looks, runs and drives like new. I'm on my 3rd set of tires and 2nd set of brake pads. Been a good car so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was also concered about the mileage , I have 30k miles and I see on this forum only very low mileage car and it got me thinking that this is not a car you should drive a lot.
But I have just seen a 2014 SQ4 ( wich is not stated as very reliable ) with 170k mileage in perfect condition and the owner said it was extremly reliable all this time so I dont know I think it’s a luck thing maybe with the cars , also I see SQ4 for sale in Europe with 100K + mileage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
61k miles on mine; new radiator and new rear differential.:rolleyes: Maintenance items when purchased were cabin filter, air filter, spark plugs, and oil change.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2015 SQ4 that I've had for 2 years and put around 25000 miles on it and now has 48000 miles. I had steering wheel replaced under warranty for wear and my gauge cluster was replaced under warranty for crazing on the plastic. Other than that I've had my oil changes and replaced the cabin filter and air filters. Fingers crossed but I have no complaints about reliability.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
79 Posts
My 2018 was purchased new in March 2020 with <100 miles, now at 7700. Runs great. Only issue is the passenger headrest wobbles and squeaks while the driver's headrest is firm and does not move. I have to assume one of these is broken (hopefully the wobbly one) and will have it addressed when I take it in for my first (it's fourth) oil change in March.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
79 Posts
Yep. I had been looking for a 2018 Audi A4 MT6 for a few months and saw a GranSport in my neighborhood. Did some research and found it interesting. Went to a local dealership - they had no used Ghiblis but a lot of new ones so I scoped out all the options and packages. Made up my mind that I wanted a GranLusso SQ4 because of comfort options, AWD, and engine. I drove to Chicago (from sw MI) to test drive a GranSport but they wanted almost $50k for a 2yo vehicle with 20+k miles. Talked to dealers about a couple others in CHI and Louisville KY.

Then I located two in St Louis at the same dealer, both seeming to meet my requirements but light on details. Took a 800 mile drive to look/test drive and was surprised to find both were heavily optioned, The only thing I might have added would be paddle shifters and the winter package. They had changed oil and batteries every year for two years, and changed the oil again before I drove it away two weeks later (I rented a one-way car back to STL to pick it up). So net I bought the signature car for $56k, cash out the door, with less that 100 miles on the odo. I'm not worried about depreciation because when I buy a car that I like, I keep it as evidenced by my 2011 Audi A4 Premium+ MT6 (my primary winter beater), two 2005 Chrysler Crossfires (one an SRT6, the other a roadster), and my 1977 Honda Goldwing GL1000.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
334 Posts
On my 2018, my tailights have condensation on the inside. Dealer said they would fix for free under warranty. And the plastic on one of the rear air vents snapped. That's been my only issues after just under 15000 miles in just under 3 years aside from bluetooth/apple carplay acting up once in a while.

·
Registered
2014 Maserati Ghibli S
35 Posts
My 2018 was purchased new in March 2020 with <100 miles, now at 7700. Runs great. Only issue is the passenger headrest wobbles and squeaks while the driver's headrest is firm and does not move. I have to assume one of these is broken (hopefully the wobbly one) and will have it addressed when I take it in for my first (it's fourth) oil change in March.

I’ve owned my 2014 since July 2015. It now has 41k miles and looks and drives like new. It was a dealer demo, with a CPO Warranty and 12k miles. Other than annual service, I’ve had the front brakes/rotors, rear tires replaced 2 years ago. I also replaced the original battery in 2020. (I will need 4 new tires when I bring my car out of hibernation, as I now live in a much colder climate and now plan to get all-season tires, as I find the p-zero summer tires are not effective below 50 degrees.)

Early in my ownership, the driver headrest also was flopping, even though I rarely touched my head to it and the small console door, by the shifter wasn’t opening...both were replaced under warranty with no problems.

I am anxiously waiting for warm weather, to enjoy my great ride again!
It’s been a real treat and very trustworthy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
late 2016, now touching 50k. lol, bluetooth also started to act up recently - last week! delete and re-pair helped for a while...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts