Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I did an Oil Change video already, but this is the 3rd oil change I have done myself since I bought the car. Besides, there is a messy inevitable part of the oil change on a Ghibli you cannot avoid, watch the video to find out what it is....

https://youtu.be/fHmENP-d6qo

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the vid. Will be a bit before I need to do an oil change, but I think that I am going to give the dipstick tube extraction method a try as opposed to removing the under body covers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the vid. Will be a bit before I need to do an oil change, but I think that I am going to give the dipstick tube extraction method a try as opposed to removing the under body covers.
I just recently did a vacuum method oil change using the "mityvac 7201 to my SQ4 and extracted about 8.3 quarts of oil. no mess at all, just make sure you place a towel or few rags under the filter housing before you remove it (it will drip some).

very easy to do and didn't need to lift the vehicle or remove any undercarriage covers.
I purchased all original part from www.scuderiacarparts.com you save the dealership mark-up when purchased directly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Help!!!! The engine light flash a few times and stay on for 15 seconds and then turn off.
Idk whats wrong with it.
Oil pressure is about 2/3 at normal engine temperatures. Is that normal?
Is the only thing im not sure about.

*i check the oil dipstick and is at max.
What should i do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts