Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, has anybody experience in applying a rear view camera in a Ghibli M156 (2016)?
How to update/program the firmware to enable the cam? Is there a special secret menu to perform necessary adjustments?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
542 Posts
is there not one standard? installing where there wasn't one?
if that is the case, i'd think that if you installed a factory back up camera, a dealership scan tool can request a proxi file update to enable the feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply!

Indeed there wasn't one, when I bought the car, surprisingly. I didn't even check , because I was sure there was one!

Now, because I set up such kind of camera to another car I assumed, it was not more complicated in the Ghibli case.

In the other car I needed to know a certain procedure with a password to get in a setup screen of the navi control console. There I had to enable the peace of software in case there would be a video signal on certain pins at the main connector.

Those contacts I had to add to the plug... a bit difficult.

Once the rear view cam got 12 V from the reverse lights it started to generate a video signal which was then detected by the control software and put on the main screen together with the helper lines. So simple it was!

So I hope somebody else here did something similar with a Ghibli. My friendly dealer said, it would be too costly to install a cam if the was no one. I don't believe that. There is always a way if there is a will!

Regards Uwe

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm not sure what exactly the question is. Do you have a camera or do you want to install one? If you want to install one is the original OEM from the accessories catalogue or is it a 3rd party?
If you want to install the OEM one (with one of the following part no 670017261/63/65/67/69/71/73/75/77/79/81/83/87 depending on the body color of the car) it should be plug and play, very straight forward and it only costs around €550 including installatio, from any European dealer.
You can find it way cheaper at Scuderia Car Parts and even cheaper on ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what exactly the question is. Do you have a camera or do you want to install one? If you want to install one is the original OEM from the accessories catalogue or is it a 3rd party?
If you want to install the OEM one (with one of the following part no 670017261/63/65/67/69/71/73/75/77/79/81/83/87 depending on the body color of the car) it should be plug and play, very straight forward and it only costs around €550 including installatio, from any European dealer.
You can find it way cheaper at Scuderia Car Parts and even cheaper on ebay.

Thank you Toshy, that will help, I assume. Although my dealer said after consulting Maserati Italy, that there is no cable for video prepared in my model M156 from 2016.
So I will go and buy a camera first and look for a dealer who can install it. I should leave it to the dealers garage to enable the cam for working.

I appreciate if it is simple like that!
Rgds. Uwe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts