Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a Ghibli S, and I visited the showroom and I can't see any clear difference between and normal Ghibli and S model.
do they look different, if no, how would you know the difference
Regards

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not notorious difference. But here are the ones I'm aware of:
1. Standard 18' wheel is different.
2. "S" badge on the back.
3. Break caliper color. Base has no option to change even with Sport package.

And I do think Maserati should have added some more exclusive appearance on the S model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the " Break caliper color " , but in the showroom the S model " as indicated by the dealer " doesn't have S on the back, it says Ghibli only :-(
Very confusing
Regards

·
Registered
852 Posts
The differences are significant but not noticeable from the outside and include amazing 410HP engine, AWD, sunroof, nav system auto wipers, AFS headlights, bluetooth, and a few other items which is well worth the 10K cost IMO.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The differences are significant but not noticeable from the outside and include amazing 410HP engine, AWD, sunroof, nav system auto wipers, AFS headlights, bluetooth, and a few other items which is well worth the 10K cost IMO.
These extras not necessarily included in markets outside the USA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here in HK the differences are :-

- The "V6" markings on the engine have different colours. Blue for the S and silver for the non S.

- S has 8 adjustment seat w 2 memory, non S has only 6 way adjustment

- S has 6 piston brakes for front and 4 for rear. Non S has 4 for front and something for rears. No option to change colour

- S has 18" volcano wheels, non S has 18" alferri wheels

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe all S models are also Q4 (All Wheel Drive) - at least in the U.S. On the S Q4 (and thus all S models), there is a nice looking Q4 badge on the left side of the rear.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
56 Posts
Untrue, Rich. While they have the V6 Ferrari engine the Ghibli is "tuned" to 345hp, the S to 424hp with RWD, and the SQ4 also to 424hp but with AWD. Note: I just saw the Trofeo listed with a V8, 580hp, and only RWD.

For reference:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts