Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should’ve gone through the formal introduction since I’ve been lurking here a while and participated in a couple threads. My wife and I picked up a CPO 2016 S from Penske Ferrari North Scottsdale in the spring. After unloading our third CPO Jaguar XF/XJ’s wife wanted something different, thought these were “cute”. I wasn’t going to argue... 19k miles w/CPO, new brakes, tires, several niggles fixed for <$40k total. Dealer also installed some prissy 22’s on it.
Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I knew the 22’s would drive my wife crazy so I already had some more aggressive meats planned. 255/35/20 front - 305/35/20 rear.
Eric

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Car looks great!!!
I'm running the factory size 245/40ZR20 and 285/35ZR20 (front and rear) ... car handles nice and not too hard a ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stay with the OEM sizes, especially for the front - wider tires ruin the handling.
Nah, when deviating from stock rims and tires there are about a half dozen other things that will affect the handling greater than a half an inch of tread width. Had a ton of experience with performance DOT tires both on and off the track. Everything else being equal, tire brand and model are the most important variables by far.
I’m getting old and soft and have to admit the 295/25/22’s that the dealer installed were just too harsh for daily driving. I know I sacrificed some performance but that extra side wall blubber I have now is a kidney saver and looks bitchin also.
Eric

P.S. Those are 10.5 inch with 305’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car looks great!!!
I'm running the factory size 245/40ZR20 and 285/35ZR20 (front and rear) ... car handles nice and not too hard a ride.
Thanks! Gotta love the Beer Guy!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nah, when deviating from stock rims and tires there are about a half dozen other things that will affect the handling greater than a half an inch of tread width. Had a ton of experience with performance DOT tires both on and off the track. Everything else being equal, tire brand and model are the most important variables by far.
I’m getting old and soft and have to admit the 295/25/22’s that the dealer installed were just too harsh for daily driving. I know I sacrificed some performance but that extra side wall blubber I have now is a kidney saver and looks bitchin also.
Eric

P.S. Those are 10.5 inch with 305’s

Trust me on this one, wider front tires will ruin car's handling. While everything you said it's true, tire brand, wheel package and so on, I've been there with both stock and aftermarket rims, spacers and no spacers, even when going to 255 from 245 will make the car lose its steering characteristic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trust me on this one, wider front tires will ruin car's handling. While everything you said it's true, tire brand, wheel package and so on, I've been there with both stock and aftermarket rims, spacers and no spacers, even when going to 255 from 245 will make the car lose its steering characteristic.
OK yeah thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
22's look awesome. I have the OEM 21's with the Zegna package. Love them but you REALLY have to be careful with road conditions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts