Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just traded in the best car i have ever owned (i am white trash twice removed so it has been camaros and corvettes with a few other american muscle cars thrown in) and i had the 2018 dodge daytona charger 392 with every feature known to man but at 50k miles and no more manufacturer warranty it had to go. unless i could afford a supercar, i cannot, i tried to find a car that struck a balance between performance and luxury since they are not making any new dodge daytonas. i bought a used ghilib yesterday with 20k miles on it. it doesn’t have nearly the features my beloved hemi had on it nor is it as bold and sexy. its also 150 less horsepower. but there is something about this car almost unassuming. i didn’t bother to punch it on test drive i assumed at less hp it wouldn’t be good. took it to work for the first time today and punched it. that turbo lag is sad UNTIL it hits and omg that dodge was suddenly cumbersome! i am terrified what the future will bring with a maserati. i am not rich and i don’t have all the free time in the world for repairs. but there is something stealthy appealing about this car. wish me luck and any tips are appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Current Hellcat owner here so I get what you are saying. Get yourself a pedal commander and you'll thank me later. Lag was my biggest complaint with the car, but the Ghibli is much more enjoyable now. Then add a JB4 box and you'll be able to run with the 392s all day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that turbo lag is sad UNTIL it hits and omg that dodge was suddenly cumbersome!
First thing I did on my 2015 SQ4 was install a madness gopedal. Difference is night and day on throttle response. I've owned mine for 2 years now and no complaints with about 20k miles put on her.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. When you're ready to start modifying, a set of sport cats will also help reduce the turbo lag. The OE ones are rather restrictive. Besides reducing the lag and noticeably increasing the performance, it will sound even better with a lower note & raspier bark at high rpm shifts. Best mod I've done besides the ECU tune.

Reactions: shayb

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
339 Posts
just traded in the best car i have ever owned (i am white trash twice removed so it has been camaros and corvettes with a few other american muscle cars thrown in) and i had the 2018 dodge daytona charger 392 with every feature known to man but at 50k miles and no more manufacturer warranty it had to go. unless i could afford a supercar, i cannot, i tried to find a car that struck a balance between performance and luxury since they are not making any new dodge daytonas. i bought a used ghilib yesterday with 20k miles on it. it doesn’t have nearly the features my beloved hemi had on it nor is it as bold and sexy. its also 150 less horsepower. but there is something about this car almost unassuming. i didn’t bother to punch it on test drive i assumed at less hp it wouldn’t be good. took it to work for the first time today and punched it. that turbo lag is sad UNTIL it hits and omg that dodge was suddenly cumbersome! i am terrified what the future will bring with a maserati. i am not rich and i don’t have all the free time in the world for repairs. but there is something stealthy appealing about this car. wish me luck and any tips are appreciated!!!!
learn to feather the throttle just right (not mash to the floor) to both mitigate the turbo lag and to also unlock the "SHIFT BOOM" especially going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. If you don't know what that is, you have not unlocked it yet. It's a somewhat hidden level of fun :) And for the record, grocery runs are still fun as **** 5+ years and 2 Ghibli's since my first one.

Reactions: shayb
1 - 9 of 9 Posts