Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bit of a weird experience with my local Maserati garage and I would like your opinions please. I bought my 2014 Ghibli Diesel from a VERY reputable dealer in the UK (note I live in Cyprus) and had the car exported to my country. Before it left the UK, the car was serviced at the dealer garage. When the car arrived in Cyprus and after a couple of months, the routine maintenance light came on. The dealer was adamant that the car was serviced and provided the detailed invoice with the work performed on the car. However, they noted that they did not have the equipment to reset the maintenance notification. Kind of weird really as that garage is servicing Ferraris as well. The dealer noted that my Local Maserati garage could easily reset my maintenance notification.

I called the local approved Maserati garage and made an appointment to specifically reset the service notification. I was even quoted the amount of 30 Euro. My appointment was for 8:00 am. I got there at 8:10 and was greeted by a gentleman who was apparently the manager and did not have any prior knowledge of my appointment nonetheless he was quick to remind me that I was 10 minutes late (note that I was late because of roadworks).

When I told him the reason I was there, he refused to reset my notification. He said that since I did not service the car there, he was not going to reset it. I explained the situation, that the car was an import but he was adamant. He said that once he resets the notification, Maserati HQ would be notified that the car was serviced at that approved garage and that he could not be held responsible if something happens to the car. This is totally understandable I guess from one point. He eventually came round to reseting the notification but I was warned that they would not do it again.

Keep in mind that I tried to reset the notification at my local independent garage but for some reason they could not do it. Was the garage manager bullshitting me when he said that the Maserati garage could not reset my notification so that he tricks me into having my services there? Does his story hold water? How is it that the garage in the UK was not able to reset it? I would expect that they would have no problems given that they are VERY reputable and service Ferraris (the garage name is actually named after Ferrari).

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi,
I understand the dealer's point of view. However the UK dealer who serviced the car is limit.

My advice, find a garage who has a Launch 431, he will be able to reset the service orange spanner. Beware on the Diesels you have to reset the oil counter too, in a different section from the service reset.

Done it on mine, works perfectly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like before you can see the dealers position. However, for a main UK dealer not to be able to re-set is a nonsence in fact it's a lie. Many Ferrarri dealerships are set up to sell Maserati, how can they be servicing these cars without the ability to do the re'sets.
The real issue hear is the difficulty many car owners have with re-set. It strikes me as restrictive practice blackmail as someone said, and governments should be addressing this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts