Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it last Friday and am loving it. Question: there is not a great deal of leg room in the back, and i would like to disable the feature of the front seat which rolls back when the car is turned off and the front door is opened since i do not want to inadvertently cramp any rear passenger's legs.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks. This is a terrific vehicle, and by the way, i only ordered the premium sound system (not the B & W) and i am satisfied with it.

Best wishes to all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes, go to setting. I believe it is in the convenience category. it is called easy entry.

surprised you have no problem with your sound system. Maybe you got lucky or the 1st car Maserati fix the subwoofer issue with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is something called 'Passive Entry" in the Settings softkey, however, checking or unchecking that does not seem to preclude the driver's seat from rolling back when the door is opened after the car is turned off. I don't want to inadvertently amputate any rear passenger's legs!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Congrats on the new car... and enjoy the ride. Also post the specs and pricing along with pics.. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations!! And the setting is called "Easy Entry" in the "Engine Off" option screen - not the "Passive Entry" in "Doors and Locks".

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, go to setting. I believe it is in the convenience category. it is called easy entry.

surprised you have no problem with your sound system. Maybe you got lucky or the 1st car Maserati fix the subwoofer issue with.
It would be interesting to hear the sound in one of these cars that people say are "no problem". I am wondering if the sound is really better or if different people just have different expectations. Even with the lowest of expectations from myself, I would say that this is nothing approaching a premium sound system. The sound is harsh, way too strong in the mid ranges and completely lacking in the mid bass and of course in my case the rear brake light rattles at even moderate levels of bass. It could be that there is huge variation in the quality of the units but I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am sure it is different people with different expectations. I have the basic sound system and am happy with it.

Words like mid range, mid bass, harsh, mean nothing to me. It plays my old records via the sd card and the news radio I listen to sounds good to me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your new ride. I got mine 9/24/14 and loving every mile in it, especially the exhaust note in sport mode. I thank all the members for their input. Have been looking out for some of the early niggles/problems posted on this forum but thankfully nothing yet-keeping my fingers crossed.

Had a lot of problems with BMW 645i and Porsche Panamera when I got the first car the dealer got and learned my lesson not get a totally new model as soon as it is launched. Hopefully some of the bugs in the early built Ghibli's have been worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts