Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I'm trying to put new MC Stradale gran turisimo wheels on my Ghibli but the bolts are to short, so I need to get 50mm bolts but each oem bolt is $42 at the dealer which is super expensive, does anyone know where I csn get these cheaper. I need 14x1.5 lug bolts 50mm shank cone seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, they all look the same but when you try to puy them in they won't work because the cone is different. Maserati and ferrari bolts have different degree cone seat on the bolts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What size spacers are you running? The stock lug bolts are about 25mm. Unless you are running 25mm spacers, a 50mm bolt will be too long.

I added 15mm spacers to my wife's Ghibli S Q4. I originally had 45mm lug bolts I ordered with the spacers. But, these were a little too long - causing some rubbing on the rear wheels. So, I ended up buying some 40mm lug bolts from eBay which ended up working well.

With the offsets you listed in the other thread, you probably can run 15-20mm spacers on front and maybe 5-10 on the back (if any) to obtain a nice flush look.

Reactions: mutant9

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did, they all look the same but when you try to puy them in they won't work because the cone is different. Maserati and ferrari bolts have different degree cone seat on the bolts.
what do you mean that they don't work? they didn't go all the way in? how did you tell they didn't sit flush?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only put a 5mm spacer in the front and no spacer in the back, now they both come out flush with the fenders. And what I mean by the bolt not fitting is that the hole of my bolt wheels has a specific cone design, if the cone design is different on the bolt then the bolt will wabble around and won't stay tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any bolt will work with an aftermarket wheel but the oem mc stradale maserati wheels have a specific bolt fit! ****, I never thought it could be so hard to put on bolts. I found oem mc stradale bolts for $22 a piece which is not bad but they don't know the size of it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Any bolt will work with an aftermarket wheel but the oem mc stradale maserati wheels have a specific bolt fit! ****, I never thought it could be so hard to put on bolts. I found oem mc stradale bolts for $22 a piece which is not bad but they don't know the size of it.
that's still crazy expensive. I sell bolts and nuts for living, something like that will probably only cost a few dollars max.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They told me at the shop that they are expensive because these are the same as Ferrari bolts. I'm not really sure what to do and how to make it fit. Usually on the regular bold the cold is a 60° and mine is a little bit less it's like a 45 or 35° cone

·
Registered
49 Posts
I only put a 5mm spacer in the front and no spacer in the back, now they both come out flush with the fenders. And what I mean by the bolt not fitting is that the hole of my bolt wheels has a specific cone design, if the cone design is different on the bolt then the bolt will wabble around and won't stay tight.
If you only have a 5mm spacer on front and no spacer on back, then why do you need lug bolts with 50mm shanks?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally found the bolts, went to my maserati dealership today and they happend to have a set of Ferrari bolts that someone returned. They run $45 a piece but the guy gave them to me for $10 a piece! Super nice of him!! Yeah baby!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts