Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Ghibli when at a stop usually about 750 RPM ,sometimes will idle down to 0 if I lift off brake will go back to 750.Occasionally it will stall out completly and automatically restart? Anybody else? Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like the start/stop feature. Drive in sport mode or may be able to turn it off in the controls section

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
2016 Ghibli when at a stop usually about 750 RPM ,sometimes will idle down to 0 if I lift off brake will go back to 750.Occasionally it will stall out completly and automatically restart? Anybody else? Thoughts?
It sounds like what mmo99 mentioned. The car has a stop/start fuel saver feature when it is fully warm and comes to a stop which can't be disabled permanently ... except turning on sport mode or manually turning off the stop/start feature each time you start the car. Other car manufacturers like BMW let you turn feature off completely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi it may be the battery!

I had a kind of similar issue with the Start/Stop feature not working at red lights and then random service lights would come on after a cold start. Ended up needing a new battery which was causing the car to act weird.

I guess maseratis are sensitive cars lol so one small problem can make it seem more than it is.

Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction for a potential solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts