Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Critics...........Ever not go to a movie because the critics love it..............this is the opposite........you will love the car when you get it.....I cannot speak for the diesel and performance........but nit pickers be dammed and over time the car will get better just in time for us to buy a new one when our current lease ends.........your wait will soon be over!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just had an email from the dealer - car due mid- to end April!

On holiday in May - on a ship in the Med, so not sure when I will actually pick the car up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ghibli -- mediocre??

..."the Ghibli is second best in too many areas. The car’s ride, refinement and ease of use are all notable for their mediocrity - and the diesel lags behind its rivals in terms of performance, too.

The result is not a poor car. It still charms and it’s the most rounded Maserati ever created. But the sense it leaves is not of how good it is, but of how much better it could and should have been."

All I have to say is "Real Ghibli drivers are from Mars; critics are from Venus." In other words, these critics need to man up and learn what a real driver's car is all about.

"Rivals like the BMW 5-series, Jaguar XF and Mercedes-Benz CLS remains the more preferable option - for now." Wrong, wrong, wrong: I have a 2012 CLS 550 and it doesn't hold a candle to the SQ 4 in terms of driving enjoyment and excitement. My wife loves the CLS but I feel too disconnected when driving it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think the only UK reviews we can compare to are SQ4 which there has been none. The rest of their models don't match up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
According to my dealer, there are not any 325 hp demo's in the UK until end of April / early May..... Would be good to hear from anyone that has this model anywhere else in the world as to it's performance and overall feel ?
We are not getting the Q4 in the UK ��

·
Registered
15 Posts
I say let 'Autocar' stuff it. harry Matcalfe from Evo loved the Ghibli S as did many other reviewers. In that spirit I found this excellent little film that should be used as a commercial for this car (seriously, those of you lucky enough to be able to drive a Ghibli or to walk in to a dealership with the actual intention of buying one ( I can only dream of it or sell them to strangers when I do visit a dealer to admire) should suggest this video to Maserati:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XfKJbF9-4

·
Registered
852 Posts
Totally Awesome!! Agreed with Tridente............of all the reviews, only two were really critical and both stated their love affiar with the Trident!! Gotta go take my daily drive in manual sports mode!!! Later!! Haaaaaaa Haaaaaa reviewers I got mine!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I say let 'Autocar' stuff it. harry Matcalfe from Evo loved the Ghibli S as did many other reviewers. In that spirit I found this excellent little film that should be used as a commercial for this car (seriously, those of you lucky enough to be able to drive a Ghibli or to walk in to a dealership with the actual intention of buying one ( I can only dream of it or sell them to strangers when I do visit a dealer to admire) should suggest this video to Maserati:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XfKJbF9-4
Love this statement: "The new Maserati Ghibli S Q4 is truly a "multisensorial" experience, sure to exceed the most demanding of standards. The absolute opposite of ordinary."

·
Registered
15 Posts
To appreciate a Maserati requires good taste and not just in cars. Unlike other brands, Maserati attracts the nobility among celebrities, people like Peter Ustinov, Luciano Pavarotti, Mark Knopfler, Vittorio Gassman, Marcello Mastroianni, Federico Fellini and many more. The famous orchestra director Claudio Abbado died a few weeks ago. And I found this charming video from Maserati in his honor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RY387wOMsU

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Das ist Maserati", Peter Ustinov speaks (in German - very clear and comprehensible for those who are not fluent) about his love affair with Maserati and what makes them special. For those who may not remember or know Peter Ustinov; he was an actor, writer, comedian and a real genius. Spoke several languages and loved music and cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cj_f__fwq4

·
Registered
76 Posts
"Das ist Maserati", Peter Ustinov speaks (in German - very clear and comprehensible for those who are not fluent) about his love affair with Maserati and what makes them special. For those who may not remember or know Peter Ustinov; he was an actor, writer, comedian and a real genius. Spoke several languages and loved music and cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cj_f__fwq4
nice find!

yes, Sir Peter was a genius! always admired him as a person and how perfectly fine he spoke German (and being German myself, I can tell;))

last sentence: "a car that you never want to get rid off: I bought it new, I still have it and it will still be there when I no langer am (laughing)..."

RIP Sir Peter

and long live Maserati!

Reactions: tridente
1 - 15 of 15 Posts