Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had my oil burner for a few months, was curious if there was a way to further increase the volume of the exhaust actuators to give a deeper sound in sport mode?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Having had my oil burner for a few months, was curious if there was a way to further increase the volume of the exhaust actuators to give a deeper sound in sport mode?
As far as I know the actuators are mechanical flaps that open up so the only way to modify the noise further would be to fit an aftermarket exhaust or mechanically modify the existing one. On the M3 forum there's a popular mod where some folk have had material removed from the back is and the welded it back up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diesel Maseraties use Eberspacher ActiveSilence/ActiveSound technology which is Active Noise Cancellation. It is absolutelly electronic and uses microphone to measure the noice and loud speaker and then cancel it by playing it in antiphase. In addition it is possible to add any desired sound to produce it from the exhaust system. So actually the exhaust for Diesels is straight pipes after cats with microphones and loud speakers connected in the end of the pipes to cancel the noise and add the right sound.

So any modification is electronic and I saw some electronic upgrades for exhaust sound of Diesel Maseraties on the market, but never tried because satisfied with what I have from the factory.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Because of some interest to this subject I spent couple of minutes to remember the tune for sound of Diesel exhaust. Here it is:

Sound Booster Pro Active Sound Maserati Ghibli Diesel-40595

Once again. I never tried it and do not know anybody who did it. However it theory it should work. What I'm worry is the sound map in this tune. I know that Maserati reproduces the sound of exhaust of its V8 and that is why diesel owners love it so much. I’m not sure that the independent tune company is legally allowed to use the same sound.

·
Registered
279 Posts
because of some interest to this subject i spent couple of minutes to remember the tune for sound of diesel exhaust. Here it is:

sound booster pro active sound maserati ghibli diesel-40595

once again. I never tried it and do not know anybody who did it. However it theory it should work. What i'm worry is the sound map in this tune. I know that maserati reproduces the sound of exhaust of its v8 and that is why diesel owners love it so much. I’m not sure that the independent tune company is legally allowed to use the same sound.

ordered! :d

·
Registered
325 Posts
Because of some interest to this subject I spent couple of minutes to remember the tune for sound of Diesel exhaust. Here it is:

Sound Booster Pro Active Sound Maserati Ghibli Diesel-40595

Once again. I never tried it and do not know anybody who did it. However it theory it should work. What I'm worry is the sound map in this tune. I know that Maserati reproduces the sound of exhaust of its V8 and that is why diesel owners love it so much. I’m not sure that the independent tune company is legally allowed to use the same sound.
Harley Davidson Motorcycles tried to patent a sound of an engine years ago and it could pass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
is it a permanent installation or is it easy to remove it like the "plug and play" video ?
And another question, is the level sound in sport mode fixed or is it possible to increase or decrease it ?
Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi,
is it a permanent installation or is it easy to remove it like the "plug and play" video ?
And another question, is the level sound in sport mode fixed or is it possible to increase or decrease it ?
Thanks
It's a semi permanent installation in that, once installed it's very easy to remove but you do need to remove the boot floor interior, which means unscrewing a few bolts and removing trim. There is a module that comes with it that allows you to disable it without uninstalling it (basically a connector block with a couple of jumper wires).

Total time to install/uninstall is around 20 minutes a piece. It's not as plug and play as the video (which is on an Audi).

You cant adjust the sound. It's fixed. Non sport modes sound like original sport mode and sport mode sounds like an old school V8.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi bianco,
i have bought it and i am waiting to receive it
there a several positions i think.
what is the better position you have choosen ?
you say that normal sound now, is like sport mode.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi bianco,
i have bought it and i am waiting to receive it
there a several positions i think.
what is the better position you have choosen ?
you say that normal sound now, is like sport mode.
There are no adjustable settings on the product that ordered. However I believe that there is a newer product available from a competitor that lets you adjust tone and pitch by using the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel (found it online but can't remember the name of it).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Quintard and Bianco, may be a movie with a Digital camera might give us an idea.

The mic on telephones, does not record all the frequencies, many people on forums post the noises their engines make to troubleshoot, and it is impossible to distinguish noises properly.

Either a Video cam, or Digital camera should do the trick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts