Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my new friends.
I just got my first Maserati Ghibli SQ4 2018 With 430 HP.
I would like to increase the amazing sound.
Any idea?
Sincerely from Sweden.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There’s a way to permanently enable the sports mode muffler valve, search around! Otherwise, 2018 has really good sound insulation, I doubt you can do anything about that.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
Hello all my new friends.
I just got my first Maserati Ghibli SQ4 2018 With 430 HP.
I would like to increase the amazing sound.
Any idea?
Sincerely from Sweden.
Welcome to the forum and your new Ghibli!!!
Beyond using sport mode or enabling it full time, you would need to change the exhaust. Even running in sport mode all the time isn't as loud as the cold start "rich" mixture which gives the deep sound that everyone likes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You'll have to install a system to open the valves at the back 100% of the time, use a system with a switch so that in front of the cops you can revert to normal.
If that is not enough, then no other option but to change the exhaust lines.

·
Registered
404 Posts
^^^^In my opinion, that sounds like sh!it. If you want that, save yourself $50 grand and get a honda with some cans off the back.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It sounds like ****, Japanese whiny sounding muffler delete.

What is your opinion of "increasing amazing sound"? Do you just want a loud annoying car?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The sport cats from Larini or Fabspeed will give a nice deep raspy tone and even give you a solid performance increase. They will allow your turbos to spool up faster since they are much less restrictive. My Vbox shows I shaved a full half second off my 0-60mph time (no brake boost) with the sports cats alone. The redline shifts, or really anything over 5k rpm sound amazing. Definitely dials up the nice aggressive raspy bark. I'd buy my Larini sport cats again in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts