Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Has any one tried taking the insurance through Maserati for Ghibli? What are the reviews on Maserati Insurance - their cost, reliability, claims etc.?

Maserati | Services | Insurance
Interesting….my dealer said nothing to me about this. I was originally with Farmers and got quotes from State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide and Progressive.

250/500/100 with 1,000 deductible in Chicago with perfect driving record; Farmers was most expensive at $1750 (6 months) and Progressive cheapest at $850 (6 months)…everyone else in between with Allstate being close to Progressive at $1000 (6 months). Wonder if Maserati is competitive?

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I have 6 cars on my policy:(:( and only can drive one at a time:), (also have homeowners + indemnity + perfect driving record). So listed it as pleasure with limited driving from Dec-Feb. $409 for one year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Progressive have a symbol for each car based on which they decide their pricing. They quoted 67 for my ghibli, whereas an independent agent mentioned it should be 60.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
348 Posts
i have no idea what symbol they used to be honest. They didn't have it in their system so they did it off of the Quattroporte and my sales price.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Keep in mind one thing I just learned. I use Geico and it's dirt cheap even on maxed out coverage, but there's a reason why. I just had very minor damage on the car after hitting a pole. The Maserati/Ferrari Collision Center claimed $10,000 in damage, of which my insurance would only cover a small portion of it because not only do they not cover the full labor rates that the semi exotic brands require, but Geico also thinks a Maserati can replaced with "generic" parts when possible and not Maserati branded parts. I ended up paying out of pocket and taking it to a private guy who did it for $2300, but you get what you pay for. I'll likely be switching insurance companies soon to Farmers or State Farm after learning this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep in mind one thing I just learned. I use Geico and it's dirt cheap even on maxed out coverage, but there's a reason why. I just had very minor damage on the car after hitting a pole. The Maserati/Ferrari Collision Center claimed $10,000 in damage, of which my insurance would only cover a small portion of it because not only do they not cover the full labor rates that the semi exotic brands require, but Geico also thinks a Maserati can replaced with "generic" parts when possible and not Maserati branded parts. I ended up paying out of pocket and taking it to a private guy who did it for $2300, but you get what you pay for. I'll likely be switching insurance companies soon to Farmers or State Farm after learning this.
just got my car fixed through Geico (scratched the car when driving into my own, tiny garage) and only had to pay the $500 deductible, of the total $1,980.

fast service and painless process (but painful scratch:()

can't complain about Geico, annual premium (as second car) around $1,400

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
My policy covers (3) cars, total policy is $2200 per year.

(1) 2010 Mercedes C300 - $700
(1) 2010 BMW 528xi - $700
(1) 2014 Maserati Ghibli - $800

Policy coverage limits - $300k per person / $900k per accident, + $300k property damage, $500 deductible.

Also have (2) homes seperate policies, main home is $650, second home is $650.

I use ERIE INSURANCE. Love them, best rates i have seen in years. and i love my agent, she gets everything done same day, none of the B/S of waiting for this and that.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
to all the guys out there who have a policy 250K / 500K

keep in mind if you have 2 or more vehicles you can likely save yourself some money by switching the policy to 100k / 300k and then "stacking" the policy. stacking is just what it sounds like.

i orig had 100/300/100, but have 3 cars. so rather then getting 250/500/100, i opted to keep 100/300 but stack them, so its now 300/900/300. by doing this its cheaper and i get almost double the gross coverage, my property damage tripled.

all policies with 2 or more cars can be stacked in most states.

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
mrpa1999 - also being in PA, I use Erie for 6 cars and 1 home ... they have been truly fantastic around opportunities to minimize insurance costs and competitive in pricing. I've been with them for 13 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts