Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2016 Ghibli, 2019 VW Golf GTI
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently advertised in the Sydney Maserati dealer....what do you think about the colour ? It's colour is stated as 'green'...surely the Italians would have given it a more exotic name.

The price isn't an error...that's what we pay in Australia (after the government takes an unhealthy amount of luxury car tax for themselves)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Grille Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Registered
That's one wonderful mad beast Mark 馃槃 looks amazing. About the taxes,it's horrible. In my country,for such big cars,I mean with big engines,we pay aproximatelly 1500-2000euros per year for registration,that's what we pay every year and that's it. But here people usually work for 300- 400 euros per month,that's 70% of population,so that kind of people can only dream about some better car. And here you can buy Ghibli for 25.000 euros. Of course,not new Ghibli 馃槃

Registered
Car registration in New Zealand is $110 per year per vehicle (normal cars) and that includes insurance for injuries you cause to other people. (We do not have an adverserial personal insurance system in New Zealand - if you are injured you get standard prescribed compensation - there are no lawyers involved and you cannot take legal action against the people who injure you.)

Likewise vehicle costs only include standard 15% GST. However some adjustments are coming with small additional costs for ICE cars funding rebates for electic cars up to $8,000. We do not have luxury vehicle taxes or other import duties on cars. Just standard 15% GST of everything you buy - cars included.

Administrator
Ouch!! That translates into $245,000 US Dollars ... you can buy two Base Ghibli's Trofeo's for that amount.
Font Number Screenshot Document

The color is interesting almost fluorescent. Not as green as I would have expected as this was the new limited edition Trofeo Green for the Ghibli and QP.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Registered
For the price you鈥檇 want it to stand out - and it certainly does !!
Years ago my wife had a BMW Z3 in a a slightly (but only just) darker green - PALMETTO - it certainly generated comment, mostly favourable.
Currently advertised in the Sydney Maserati dealer....what do you think about the colour ? It's colour is stated as 'green'...surely the Italians would have given it a more exotic name.

The price isn't an error...that's what we pay in Australia (after the government takes an unhealthy amount of luxury car tax for themselves)

View attachment 21863
View attachment 21864
View attachment 21865
View attachment 21866

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To all the above replies....the price really is crazy with all the added tax.

This was my final invoice that shows not only do the Government add a luxury tax which kicks in at A$69152.00 but also stamp duty & of course GST....total of A$60,590.23 above the actual cost of the car. Notice the dealer also adds A$6,354.55 for pre-delivery inspection which probably amounts to making sure it's what I ordered..kicking the tyres & calling me to say it's ready to be collected.

I'm not grumbling, but when I think I've already paid tax on the money I earned to purchase the car the, Government really owns more of the car than me !!
Font Number Rectangle Document Screenshot

Registered
Come to New Zealand - no stamp duty, no luxury vehicle tax and annual registration is $110 per year including 3rd party accident insurance. But GST is 15% in NZ.

We have just bought a well optioned Blu Emozione MY15 Ghibli with 24K kms, Sabbia interior and a full service history from the original owner for NZ$45K. Private sale at a very good price.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come to New Zealand - no stamp duty, no luxury vehicle tax and annual registration is $110 per year including 3rd party accident insurance. But GST is 15% in NZ.

We have just bought a well optioned Blu Emozione MY15 Ghibli with 24K kms, Sabbia interior and a full service history from the original owner for NZ$45K. Private sale at a very good price.
Yes I read your post in Luka (Serbia) & replied to you there regarding NZ prices (it looks like you missed it). NZ$45k is great for that milage...a good pick up.

As a matter of interest I was born in Napier & still have family in Karaka (outer AKL), Tauranga & Napier. The car scene was a little different prior to my leaving NZ (1980) with no imports etc & prices were sky high compared to OZ....but that's all changed & now you guys get the good deals & relatively cheap on road costs.

I hope the Ghibli serves you well & gives you years of pleasure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts