Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good stuff. What he didnt mention was the S Q4 is a couple tenths faster 0-60 than the S (!) which I find fascinating; afaik that's unheard of wrt awd German cars. It also supports Maserati's claim that the Q4 delivers 100% power to the rear in "normal" conditions.

But seeing the salt residue under that car makes me cringe. That is borderline criminal!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good stuff. What he didnt mention was the S Q4 is a couple tenths faster 0-60 than the S (!) which I find fascinating; afaik that's unheard of wrt awd German cars. It also supports Maserati's claim that the Q4 delivers 100% power to the rear in "normal" conditions.

The difference being not only the way the AWD system works as opposed to the Germans but also the weight addition with the AWD system is only 100 some odd pounds compared to the Germans.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Agree the mechanical operation of the AWD and the dynamic nature of how it operates only when needed is the elegance of the system. Very cool video.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What does he mean that Maserati offers customers their choice of tire on delivery?
Apparently Maserati at some time in the future will be offering a choice of all season or performance tires when you purchase. Makes sense for buyers in winter driving areas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Apparently Maserati at some time in the future will be offering a choice of all season or performance tires when you purchase. Makes sense for buyers in winter driving areas.
OK. I was wondering if that was presently the case.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I asked my dealer about this and was told no all seasons performance only in order to maintain the top speed rating for marketing purposes...........who knows if that has changed.....I want the performance tires because I am going to take mine to the track and will just get winter tires for the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts