Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of owning the Ghibli I haven't had any problems (besides squealing brakes from time to time) until today. When I turned on the engine today the interior dome lights in the front seat and back seat came on and they won't turn off no matter how many times I press the buttons. The only way they'll turn off is if the engine is off for 15 minutes. Once I start the engine again, the lights come back on and they won't turn off. This is very strange, I made sure to close all the doors 2-3 times and the trunk as well but the interior dome lights still stay on. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm gonna call the dealership tomorrow and hopefully it's a minor issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This happened to me the first day I took delivery. There are 2 scrolling wheels on the left of the steering wheel, the left one in these 2 controls this feature and the brightness of the display. If the wheel is all the way up, all the lights are always on and the display is max brightness. A step down turns the lights off but max brightness remains. Another step down turns the auto brightness feature if enabled in the settings to on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I swear it happens to everyone! LOL...i was so embarrassed when it first happend to me. Driving around at night with the dome light on. Stupid **** scroll.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMethodAfter a month of owning the Ghibli I haven't had any problems (besides squealing brakes from time to time) until today. When I turned on the engine today the interior dome lights in the front seat and back seat came on and they won't turn off no matter how many times I press the buttons. The only way they'll turn off is if the engine is off for 15 minutes. Once I start the engine again, the lights come back on and they won't turn off. This is very strange, I made sure to close all the doors 2-3 times and the trunk as well but the interior dome lights still stay on. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm gonna call the dealership tomorrow and hopefully it's a minor issue.
Hi TheMethod,

My name is Howie from MaseratiCares - MNA official online customer service manager.

The interior dome light seems to be in the full upright position. You can scroll this down to turn it back to default setting. This can be found just left of the ignition switch.

If you this matter persist, then I would advise taking this to your nearest authorized Maserati dealer to resolve this for you.

Regards,

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
10 Posts
Years later and fools like me are still getting caught by this. I have a loan Ghibli at the moment and the interior dome light was fixedly on. Much reading and swearing ensued until my wife suggest Google might know the answer......... Thanks to folks who have answered over the years.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It does sound like the scroll switch is all the way which illuminates the dome light even when driving.
I wonder how many people read their manuals from cover to cover when they first bought their cars?
I know these cars have the quirks, so this has become very useful for me especially as I don't normally read manuals! SO this was a good learning curve and lesson for me too, always read the manual!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts