Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4. Had a few glitches (battery) but otherwise has been solid, sounds ridiculously good, extremely comfortable - overall a positive experience.

Some months ago I noticed, with the windows down, that the car would sometimes have clicking sounds at low speed. Would happen at low speeds, while turning, straight mild acceleration, or even when backing up. I mentioned it to my service person during the annual but he waved it off as a tire thing. Aside from the clicking sound I didn't notice any other detrimental effects, but I was worried it could be a transmission issue.

Frequency of the clicking events has increased so I scheduled an appointment with the dealership. They were really swamped, but a week later they got to it.

I'm told the tech opened up the rear axel and the shafts are damaged due to rust, and that it's close to a 6k repair job. I'm told this is not covered by warranty.

The car has been in California it's whole life, inland (not by an ocean). Seen rain maybe a handful of times.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? Why wouldn't this be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you still have your warranty, I'd think it should be covered. And that is a crazy high estimate I think.

Maybe contact Maserati. They're pretty helpful. When my car was down for 4 weeks waiting for front control arms to come in, I contacted them and asked to be refunded the car payment I made while the dealership had my car sitting there, and they did, IN FULL!

Ron

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
292 Posts
Sorry to hear about this one... Check with Maserati North America on why this wouldn't be covered under warranty, do a bit more research on the issue. It doesn't seem right but maybe there is more info that will help make it more clear. Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did they provide you a loaner for the 4 weeks you were refunded car payments?

If you still have your warranty, I'd think it should be covered. And that is a crazy high estimate I think.

Maybe contact Maserati. They're pretty helpful. When my car was down for 4 weeks waiting for front control arms to come in, I contacted them and asked to be refunded the car payment I made while the dealership had my car sitting there, and they did, IN FULL!

Ron

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never replied to this one, but just wanted to close it out.

The original dealer, Ferrari of Silicon Valley, Redwood City, CA refused to get the work covered by warranty (they even charged for the diagnostic).

I took it for a second opinion down to Maserati Stevens Creek, in San Jose, CA. The half-shafts were ordered and replaced under warranty. They fixed it great, no more clicks. I'll add another note here with details on specific parts that were replaced when I locate the work order in my paperwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts