Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Ghibli a week ago and paired an iPhone 5s iOS 7.1.1. That was very easy and straight forward.
Speaker quality for me and the person on the other side of a call is ok.

My issues:
- Sometimes I cannot accept an incoming call
- I have big problems talking to the lady to make a call for me
- When the phone is connected via Bluetooth and I select a contact on the phone, I expect that it will issue the call and use the mic/speaker from the car. But it doesn't work.
- when I press long the home button (for Siri) to send a massage, it comes up for a second and the quits

I had an Alfa Romeo with Blue&Me before and this BT iPhone integration worked perfect.

Do you have simillar issues?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a Nokia

No problem accepting calls.
I have found the voice control better than my BMW.
I do not use phone itself only voice and screen.
Cannot message or view messages via screen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
With Bluetoth you have to use the screen for your contacts not the phone, either by voice or by hand.
"the lady": not sure if you are Swiss-french or Swiss-german. I'm Swiss german and found out that I really have to speak very clearly in real german and that I have to avoid our Swiss accent. After some months the lady understands me now better. But for some places and streets or typical Swiss names our Swiss-german is just too difficult for the german programming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Phone functionality via bluetooth works great for me.

The problem I have with bluetooth is with Siri. In other cars Siri works fine. I can initiate Siri, the car will turn to bluetooth, Siri prompts are heard through the speaker and I speak my request. Everything works fine.

In the Ghibli, everything works the same until I speak- my voice is not recognized. Almost like the mic is muted.

Anyone have a similar experience or a work around. I tried to see if I could not have Siri use bluetooth but that doesn't work. I could switch from bluetooth to phone each time I use
Siri but not on a permanent basis.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the Ghibli, everything works the same until I speak- my voice is not recognized. Almost like the mic is muted.
There is another thread on this - with the iphone, it connects the phone and audio device as two separate devices. To use Siri, you have to disconnect the bluetooth audio connection and leave the phone connection active. Known issue with the uconnect system. Kind of a pain - call it a quirk and drop a gear for grins.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you are using an iPhone and hit the phone button on the steering wheel, the car provides voice recognition to initiate calls, etc. It works just fine and you don't need Siri at all. Granted there are some things Siri can do that the car system can't do, but most of the important stuff works fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is another thread on this - with the iphone, it connects the phone and audio device as two separate devices. To use Siri, you have to disconnect the bluetooth audio connection and leave the phone connection active. Known issue with the uconnect system. Kind of a pain - call it a quirk and drop a gear for grins.
Since I had the software update done last week. Siri has been working perfectly through the cars bluetooth!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Since I had the software update done last week. Siri has been working perfectly through the cars bluetooth!!!
Bad news- Siri does NOT work as it should. I found out what makes it work and not work.

If I have my phone connected via bluetooth to stream audio, Siri won't work. If the phone is connected only as a phone. Siri works.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
same here
I got an bluetooth update, but I feel that voice recognition is even worse. Siri only works for the first command. All others fail due to disconnect.

Voice recognition works perfect for navigation or change from radio to SD. But not for phone.
:-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts