Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to display texts or e-mails on the MTC? According to Maserati the functionality is there if you have an Iphone 5 running software version 7.1. Even though I am running version 7.1 the car says my phone is not compatible. I have held off taking the car in until the Sirius radio antenna is in (I am now told they will be in the U.S. the week of April 21) for the dealer to look at the car. I also cannot stream media content from the phone using a USB cable, which I am also suppose to be able to do. The texting / e-mail issues may or may not be related. I also have the subwoofer issue and the rattle on the left side under the dash (when the car is warm) and a rattle in the center console (when the car is cold.) Mechanically the car is great but disappointed on interior quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can stream music over USB and Bluetooth from my iphone 5. I cannot do any messaging. I get the same error you mentioned. I had the same problem on my last car.

I discovered that you need to add the phone as a 'Paired Audio Source', if you want to stream music over Bluetooth. There are two separate categories under the Phone/Bluetooth menu. I'm pretty sure the phone was listed under the Paired Audio Sources, but it made me add it again the first time I tried to stream music over Bluetooth. Probably a quirk in the UI.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no problem with bluetooth streaming, the only thing that will stream with the USB cable is ITunes. Things like Pandora, Stitcher, podcasts will not work with the USB cable, only bluetooth. Likewise, Maserati claims that the IPhone using software version 7.1 should have text and e-mail functionality in the car. That is why I wanted to know if anyone was able to use that feature. Has anyone had success with the messaging function no matter what phone they are using? if so, which phone and how were you able to get the messaging function to work?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I believe the issue may be Verizon not 7.1.............are you all Verizon users?.............Two categories is interesting as I cannot stream Pandora when plugged into USB.......have to check that out!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have AT&T so it must be something else. When I spoke to the service department at my dealer I asked if Maserati has had a software upgrade since my car was manufactured an he said "no." The issues that we are having appear to be common--wonder what they are going to do for a fix.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My phone is paired as a phone and an audio device but I still cannot play Pandora when plugged into USB???? Going to get a USB 12V adaptor which should do the trick!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
me neither, but this is due by the iPhone. I don't know any other BT connection where iPhone could read/send SMS.
But I'm also missing the functionalty of Siri.
In my previous car (Alfa Romeo with Blue&Me) I could press long home and siri started over bluetooth and I was able to talk to her. Now with the Ghibli it connects (stops radio) but immediately disconnects.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was advised by Maserati corporate that the text function has been disabled in the US. You can hold the home button and Siri will work so you can send texts and emails.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was advised by Maserati corporate that the text function has been disabled in the US. You can hold the home button and Siri will work so you can send texts and emails.
what iPhone iOS version are you using?
With my iPhone 5S iOS 7.1.1 it will not work. Siri starts up, tries to connect with MTC and immediately disconnects. :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a workaround to make siri work.
Disable the audio part of the iPhone in the MTC phone settings and just keep the telephone part. Then siri will work. But this has to be done everytime the iPhone connects (when you enter the car and start the engine).
I know, not really useful. But when you plan a long journey with the assistance of siri and you are willing to resign on your music on the phone, this might be a way ..of living.
Hopefully the guys are fixing this soon. Not only we Maserati customers are waiting, every Uconnect customer (Chrysler, Fiat, Lancia....) expects this to work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having the same issue with Siri over Bluetooth. Press the home button on huge iPhone to launch Siri, start talking and she disconnects almost immediately having heard nothing.

Anyone get this to work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts