Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since I purchased my Ghibli I've had some annoying problems with the phone connection. Most notably, whenever I was plugged into the USB and made a phone call - music would start playing at the same time, and it would be very difficult to stop, especially if driving. Obviously it is very difficult to have a phone conversation with music playing in the background.

Now, since the upgrade to iOS8.1, I cannot access my music library at all from the Ghibli interface. (Although, ironically, music from the phone still plays when making phone calls - just not other times)

I called my dealer and he said he was aware of iPhone 5 and 5s problems, but there is no fix yet. This is very frustrating, as if I cannot make calls and cannot listen to music it really takes away my experience. Does anyone have any better info then what the dealer shared with me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
iPhone issues

Every since I purchased my Ghibli I've had some annoying problems with the phone connection. Most notably, whenever I was plugged into the USB and made a phone call - music would start playing at the same time, and it would be very difficult to stop, especially if driving. Obviously it is very difficult to have a phone conversation with music playing in the background.

Now, since the upgrade to iOS8.1, I cannot access my music library at all from the Ghibli interface. (Although, ironically, music from the phone still plays when making phone calls - just not other times)

I called my dealer and he said he was aware of iPhone 5 and 5s problems, but there is no fix yet. This is very frustrating, as if I cannot make calls and cannot listen to music it really takes away my experience. Does anyone have any better info then what the dealer shared with me?
I can't speak to your exact complaint, but I would suggest copying your library of music to an sd card and inserting that into the slot. Works way better.
Wondering how many have a Bluetooth problem of horrible distortion from center speaker (premium audio system) when using Bluetooth phone. If I don't turn down the volume to 8 or 9 (barely audible), the sound of the voice on the other end of the call is so distorted it sounds like the speaker cone is going to crack. Dealer tells me a softwRe update may be coming to correct this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jlinchec--
I'm having exactly the same issues with my iPhone5 as you are. However, mine started only after I upgraded my phone software to the iOS 8 (and later). Prior to the upgrade, I had no real issues. After the update, I have been having all the problems you've mentioned. The only difference (if I'm understanding your issues correctly) is that I can still play music from my iPhone when plugged into the USB port, but only in sequential order from the beginning of my music library. I can only skip tracks (forward or backwards), but have no other control over the library. I cannot browse, shuffle, or play in any random order.

This is highly frustrating in a $93K vehicle, especially when everything works just fine when I plug my iPhone into my $45K 2012 Infiniti G37-S.

I hope that a solution is found before the end of my lease.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Guys the problem is with ios update and not with Ghibli. I went through the same. After you complete the update shut down your phone. Erase the phone out of your MTC , turn the phone on and re connect it. This should solve your problems.
Good luck.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
that auto play of the music that starts playing during the phone call is so f*cking annoying. I don't use the usb port any longer bc of that quirk. I simply use a cigarette adapter and use the center console now.

the only way to solve it is to make sure your music player on your phone is closed out completely before plugging into the USB port. and when I say "closed" I don't mean, not in use, I mean "closed" completely and exited. even though its not on your phone screen its running in the background.

to exit applications - iphone 4, 5, and 6:

***double click the "home" button on the iphone. your running applications will now appear, swipe up to close the particular app. this will exit you from the app and it will no longer run in the background. your batterly life will improve significantly as well.

you must do that, and make sure your music is closed before plugging into the USB port otherwise the annoying music will start playing.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Music set up in my Ghibli

Here is my setup and it works 100% of the time correctly, no conflicts with any music in the MTC.

In the USB console I have installed a 16GB IPod Nano ($149.00) with all my music downloaded. With this setup, it is easy to upload, update or remove songs and playlists from ITunes at home.

Separately, via Bluetooth I have my IPhone 6 paired.

The music is selected via the IPod, chosen and displayed through the USB port on the MTC using IPod as "source".

The IPhone6 is therefore connected via Bluetooth and only answers and makes calls. That way no music from the IPhone 6 ever plays or is selected, in fact, in order to save disc space, I am deleting all but a couple small playlists from the IPhone to save space and I only use the music left on the IPhone as my music when traveling on a plane.>:D
$149.00 and no headaches, no confusion, no conflicts = No problem!!
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I decided to buy the Ipod Nano 7th generation as u suggested.
The problem is that it works only in random mode. Once the Ipod is connected via USB it is no more accessible to me, so I cannot choose the music.
It also seems to choose some songs respect to others, so I have to listen the same paylist generated by the Ipod itself and not by me via iTunes...
Any suggestion please to take back the control of the IPod ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
agree with mrpa1999 .. had to do the same with iphone 6 .. there s a conflict with Music app and MTC locating your library. Your iphone Music app will override your MTC. I will aslo leave on the music app and choose and play tunes from the app.. but not recommended while driving. Let s hope this issue gets fixed with the recent MTC update.
I do have an Ipod classic (120gb ) and iTouch 3rd Gen (64gb) That work great as is.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here is my setup and it works 100% of the time correctly, no conflicts with any music in the MTC.

In the USB console I have installed a 16GB IPod Nano ($149.00) with all my music downloaded. With this setup, it is easy to upload, update or remove songs and playlists from ITunes at home.

Separately, via Bluetooth I have my IPhone 6 paired.

The music is selected via the IPod, chosen and displayed through the USB port on the MTC using IPod as "source".

The IPhone6 is therefore connected via Bluetooth and only answers and makes calls. That way no music from the IPhone 6 ever plays or is selected, in fact, in order to save disc space, I am deleting all but a couple small playlists from the IPhone to save space and I only use the music left on the IPhone as my music when traveling on a plane.>:D
$149.00 and no headaches, no confusion, no conflicts = No problem!!
Steve
I have done exactly the same... No issues whatsoever :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
its for Bluetooth, goto phone- settings - pair phone, once you pair your phone you will see another option button "Pair Audio".
Can you please describe what you did to "re-pair". Was that Bluetooth Phone/Audio device pairing or is there some other mode of USB audio pairing that I haven't discovered?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts